"Star Wars: Resistance" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discuss the "Star Wars Resistance" animated series!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Spider-Man

I've been revisiting the first season on Disney+ and what surprised me is that while a few things have changed between the two seasons overall it seems like the second season is more focused and I think we've seen that in how good this season has been. I keep meaning to chime in but Fone keeps basically posting exactly what I want to say! :) So we're about halfway through the season now right? I'm a bit sad that this will be the last season for the show. It's really grown on me!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "Station To Station"

That was pretty good. I don't really have a ton to say this week other than that I liked it. I still don't care about Tam's redemption, so I think the week was a wash in that respect.

But everything else was fine. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "The Missing Agent"

That was a pretty great teaser. Ax is a badass villain.

For a spy, Kaz is super clumsy.

Sinara is always on these missions because she's the muscle.

I love Ax telling Pyre he always picks the winning side and that's why he was with the First Order for now, and Pyre's like "How complimentary." Star Wars needs less of Kaz bumping into things and more dry snark. It's definitely funnier.

When Ax expresses frustration at the ship going down I realize that's the downside to being a bully charged with bullying strangers. You never know which potential victims will fight back and get the best of you. Ax makes a poor bully because he never seemed to realize that was a possibility the entire time.

Good episode. ****1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "Breakout"

Heh. They gave Kaz an "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Yeager really shouldn't be telling his interrogator that eventually Tam would see through her and she'd never see it coming. What if she believed him? The spyjinx on this show have always been questionable, and stuff like that is the reason why.

This was otherwise pretty good, even if Kaz was a dope per usual. ***1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "The Mutiny"

Is this the latest point in the Star Wars franchise we've actually seen a B1 Roger Battle Droid? It might be.

Neeku's plan was faulty, and I don't think differently even learning Doza and Yeager guided him into doing it. Wouldn't it just have been better to arrest the Pirates and not build the Droids at all, or at least not until they were gone? Just the fact that they smuggled the Droids aboard is enough to have them arrested and exiled.

Speaking of exile, whatever Krager thinks of Sinara's loyalty, she is actually quite a fine diplomat. I think she's the best friend he'll never appreciate he has.

I love that the thing that Neeku learned about spying from Kaz is that if you seem inept and incompetent you can get away with murder because nobody will suspect you. This is true, but Kaz's (and Neeku's for that matter) actual problem is that they ARE inept and incompetent. They'd get away with a LOT more if it were actually just an act.

Solid week. Roger, Roger. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "The New World"

I liked hearing Griff's backstory about how he and Doza left the Empire. That was very cool.

The fish queen asking Kaz why he was talking so funny was a huge laughline for me. That cracked me up.

That was good. ****.

Star Wars Resistance "No Place Safe"

My favorite part was the end where Yeagar correctly tell Kaz they didn't give up on Tam, she gave up on them, and that it was time to cut her loose. It's about time. And as seen by Kaz's close call here, it was also almost too late.

I'm glad the First Order didn't destroy the fish people, but I'm wondering why they didn't. I thought they said they WEREN'T going to make that mistake for them colluding again.

Tam sucks and I hope the series gives up that ridiculous idea of redeeming her. ***1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "Rebuilding The Resistance"

That was pretty good.

What was up with Kaz's weird grin at the beginning over them saying they were going on a mission for the Resistance? That struck me as a bit of bad animation.

Kaz and the Resistance back to caring about what happens to Tam. Do me a favor, Kaz. Don't. She made her choice a LONG time ago.

I liked this week. ***1/2.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Star Wars Resistance "The Escape"

As far as series finales go, that was not great. But I'm also not going to hold it against the series. The last fifteen minutes and the climax were strong, although I believe we were owed an Epilogue set after Rise Of Skywalker to let us know everyone survived and was fine (which we didn't get). It's been a problematic series. A problematic finale does not damage my opinion of it.

Do you know what the biggest problem is? You know my answer, right? Tam! THAT is the thing that gets her to switch sides? The genocide of The Last Jedi meant nothing to her? Really when the dude tells her this is just the sort of stuff you have to accept in the First Order, I was like "There is some truth to that." If Tam were truly a loyal and good soldier and / or friend she would stick with her choice for good or ill. She wouldn't ask her friends to risk their lives for a bad decision she made ages ago. She can't just run away and pretend her earlier actions didn't matter because an invisible line has been crossed. That's just wrong.

Her escape also sucked and put her friends in extra danger. While it is true the First Order knew where the Tie Fighters went, if she has just jumped there on her own there would be less complications, and more time to escape. Why did she order her squadron along? One of the reasons I don't want her back on the Colossus is that that ship could do with a few less dumb people who are bad at their jobs. The Resistance is in dire enough straits as it is.

I don't think Ren's character design is quite ugly enough. But then, Adam Driver is an unusually ugly dude.

Lots of deaths in the episode Disney XD would never allow them to get away with were it not the last episode. So it has that going for it.

But that was all right, if not great. Which describes the series in general, so perhaps that was an appropriate way to go out. ***.

BlackoutCreature

Sorry I'm late to the party on this, but I finally got around to watching the finale today. It was underwhelming. Not bad mind you. It did the bare minimum of everything it needed to do to conclude this series. No real unresolved plot threads, no "what happened to?" or "why didn't they?".

And that's about it.

Nothing amazing happened, nothing mind-blowing, nothing that shook the concept to the core or made you feel like you were following something more then what it was. It just wrapped up its plots and called it a day in the most basic way it could.

Spider-Man

I'm very late to the party so I'll just be brief, but I once again basically agree with the comments above. It was a pretty underwhelming finale which was disappointing after how much better this season was compared to the first. I enjoyed this series even ifits probably the most disposable Star Wars cartoon yet but I was still expecting a big finale to sort of justify the entire series and I found that it really didn't do that. It was simply a fine wrap-up but it also felt unfinished. There was a lot more that could have been addressed and I thought it was somewhat abrupt too. This was a good season and I'll likely revisit some episodes but the finale just didn't live up to it. I thought the finale to the first season was stronger.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm still trying to add pages from Yahoo Answers to the Wayback Machine; if you know of any interesting pages add them & send me a link.
I still hate the fact on the forums when you make a comment on a post and even you click "watch" you sometimes get no notification about it when someone makes a comment.
Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.

Featured Posts