"Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" Talkback (Spoilers)

Star Wars: Episode XI - The Rise of Skywalker - Rate and Discuss the end of the Skywalker Saga

• Total voters

Spider-Man

I'm sure sales will be fine, khuddle. It gets tiring to see people just looking for the tiniest crack or slip up in Star Wars to exploit. Fandom can be so terrible sometimes. Anyways I'm looking forward to buying this on 4K but I'm going back and forth on buying this separate or getting that big Skywalker Saga collection. I own all the movies but to have all the movies in 4K would be amazing. I'd have to buy Rogue One separate as I just have that on Blu-ray though. I got to watch this three times in the theatres and while the cracks became a bit more obvious with each viewing it's still a fun movie but it still plays out like more of a 140-ish minute trailer for what should have been a 180-ish minute movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow, so the answer to the Palpatine resurrection was cloning in more ways than one in the novelization so not sure how that equates to the movie but irregardless of canon, intriguing.

Spider-Man

Disney has released the digital edition of The Rise of Skywalker early, likely due to what's going on right now. I got my iTunes digital copy last night. Looking forward to diving into the two-hour documentary and watching the digital exclusive extra on John Williams.

khuddle

I'm sure sales will be fine, khuddle. It gets tiring to see people just looking for the tiniest crack or slip up in Star Wars to exploit. Fandom can be so terrible sometimes. Anyways I'm looking forward to buying this on 4K but I'm going back and forth on buying this separate or getting that big Skywalker Saga collection. I own all the movies but to have all the movies in 4K would be amazing. I'd have to buy Rogue One separate as I just have that on Blu-ray though. I got to watch this three times in the theatres and while the cracks became a bit more obvious with each viewing it's still a fun movie but it still plays out like more of a 140-ish minute trailer for what should have been a 180-ish minute movie.

"Tiniest crack"? Try "Gaping chasm". ROS was an even worse movie than "Attack of the Clones".
I basically gave up on the franchise after this trainwreck. But Dave Filoni's "Clone Wars" has
me convinced Star Wars has at least a pulse again.

Spider-Man

"Tiniest crack"? Try "Gaping chasm". ROS was an even worse movie than "Attack of the Clones".
I basically gave up on the franchise after this trainwreck. But Dave Filoni's "Clone Wars" has
me convinced Star Wars has at least a pulse again.
I disagree but then again I'm not one of those who seems upset with every little thing Disney does with the franchise and will endlessly harp about it as if it's the end of the world. As if pre-Disney Star Wars was this flawless perfect franchise (it wasn't, not even close) but whatever, sell that narrative. It's a great franchise with endless possibilities and I'm looking forward to see where it goes from here now that it will be exploring more facets of the galaxy. Anyways that's a discussion for somewhere not in this thread so it doesn't get derailed. Hopefully folks who missed Skywalker in theatres or are homebound due to Covid will finally get to check it out on Disney+!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I disagree but then again I'm not one of those who seems upset with every little thing Disney does with the franchise and will endlessly harp about it as if it's the end of the world. As if pre-Disney Star Wars was this flawless perfect franchise (it wasn't, not even close) but whatever, sell that narrative. It's a great franchise with endless possibilities and I'm looking forward to see where it goes from here now that it will be exploring more facets of the galaxy. Anyways that's a discussion for somewhere not in this thread so it doesn't get derailed. Hopefully folks who missed Skywalker in theatres or are homebound due to Covid will finally get to check it out on Disney+!
It's an excellent movie. I think the quest aspects could have been omitted with no problems, but like The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and The Last Jedi, I enjoyed it more than the first six movies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts