"Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
5/22: Obviously it would be the end of the Jedi-Sith conflict but didn't expect Rey would be trying to restart the Jedi Order. Also didn't really expect them to explore the origin of the New Order. Hmm, unless I'm not recognizing the name General Pryde, the hype around who Grant was portraying was just fluff. Thieves' Quarter sounds fun.

Vanity Fair also posted a featurette.

6/10: Editor Maryann Brandon reveals she convinced Abrams to try something new and allow her to cut on the set.

6/20: Hamill talks a little about IX being his last appearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fone Bone

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Canada
Hamill has hardly held back on implying that he is unhappy with this trilogy, and I get that sense in this interview too. My gut tells me that as soon as some time passes after TROS is released, he's going to really let lose on his feelings. I wouldn't be surprised if he releases a tell-all book, he is kind of overdue for an autobiography of some sort.

I get his feelings....but I've also read his idea on how Luke, Leia and Han could have been in a scene together, and I personally feel it's kind of awful and overly fan servicey, so I'm kind of glad he hasn't gotten his way.