"Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Mmm, again, I don't know if that's the way they should go. It really depends on Leia's role in IX, imo. It's strange for the family to speak out about granting the right when only a draft is done or maybe that's just a peak into the production cycle. I thought for sure they would have killed Leia in TLD since they offed Solo in TFA.

Last edited:

the greenman

4/10: Fisher's brother and daughter confirm they will use deleted scene footage and no cgi:

https://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2017/04/star-wars-episode-9-carrie-fisher-no-cgi/

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

4/15: Kathleen Kennedy confirms once-and-for-all, Carrie Fisher will not appear in Ep IX:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vani.../carrie-fisher-not-in-star-wars-episode-9/amp

It is kinda bittersweet, but I feel this is probably for the best. I'm sure the Estate had discussed this, and seemed optimistic, but Lucasfilm had to make a final decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Kathleen Kennedy confirms once-and-for-all, Carrie Fisher will not appear in Ep IX:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vani.../carrie-fisher-not-in-star-wars-episode-9/amp

It is kinda bittersweet, but I feel this is probably for the best. I'm sure the Estate had discussed this, and seemed optimistic, but Lucasfilm had to make a final decision.

Why does that article start out with the word "Thankfully"? I'm not thankful, I'm sad...

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I'm sorry the guy lost his job, but I doubt he's hard for cash. Jurassic World was deeply mediocre, and I've heard nothing but bad things about Book of Henry, so I'm perfectly okay with him leaving Ep IX. This is early in production, so it's hardly a Lord/Miller situation, so I don't think it'll disrupt the movie in a big way. Who should replace him? I'd be curious to see Matthew Vaughn give it a shot, though maybe Abrams is a possibility? I know there were rumours about that happening before Trevorrow came on board.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe we're better for it but that's two SW movies in a short span of time. That might put Kennedy in a bad light and give her a reputation. Yeah, I think Vaughn was rumored for IX at one time and the Man of Steel sequel.

the greenman

I'm hearing alot of suggestions. Good to great names like Vaughn to Spielberg. Honestly, I need to hear something of a synopsis on this film. Is it supposed to be darker (i.e. Revenge of the Sith) lighter more action (i.e. Return of the Jedi cause we were introduced to Ewoks in that), or something completely different in terms of tone.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm hearing alot of suggestions. Good to great names like Vaughn to Spielberg. Honestly, I need to hear something of a synopsis on this film. Is it supposed to be darker (i.e. Revenge of the Sith) lighter more action (i.e. Return of the Jedi cause we were introduced to Ewoks in that), or something completely different in terms of tone.

I'm pretty sure that Spielberg has ruled out the possibility on directing a Star Wars film, though he was interested in doing so at one time but scheduling conflicts prevented him from doing so.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Can't say I'm a fan of this news. Was not a fan of TFA, not a fan of the filmmaker much anyways, so I really have to grin and bear it at this point.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
There might be some truth in the report, but we may never know the real reason why Trevorrow was fired.

Okay, time to cue the "JJ Abrams keeps remaking older films" jokes: Obviously Episode IX is going to end with Kylo Ren betraying Snoke and tossing him off a cliff. Or Poe Dameron dies saving the spaceship from destruction, exposing his body to lethal doses of radiation, and dies in Finn's arms, and Finn yells out "SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts