Star Wars: Clone Wars "Chapters 1-5" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this week's "Star Wars: Clone Wars" premieres!

Votes: 4 44.4%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Where it belongs. For its encore presentation, Cartoon Network's second micro-series gets a daily run before "Transformers Armada." This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" making their Toonami premiere December 1st through December 5th at 6.0 PM (5.0 Central). Use the force to comment on these episodes! While this thread covers the entire week please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

When we last left our heroes, the Droid Army had attacked and it wasn't looking good for the Jedi of the Republic. However, the tide of battle was turned thanks to the arrival of Yoda and Clone Trooper reinforcements. The Republic won the battle, but Count Dooku escaped and begun the Clone War has. Can the elite forces of the Republic stand their ground against the increasing power of the opposition forces? Tune in to find out. Currently, Only Toonami.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

Episode Titles and Summaries:

Monday - 'Chapter One' - Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker lead the Army of the Republic in an assault on Muunilinist while other Jedi prepare for their attack.

Tuesday - 'Chapter Two' - The assault on Muunilist begins. The fleet is attacked immediately as they come out of hyperspace. Giant troop carriers and equipment haulers land on the planet surface and begin deploying troops and artillery.

Wednesday - 'Chapter Three' - The battle rages on in the air and on the ground. The Arc Troopers, who are cut off from their initial drop zone, make their way to the enemy command centre through hostile territory.

Thursday - 'Chapter Four' - With the Republic gaining the upper hand, Droid Army leader San Hill dispatches Durge and his mercenaries to strike the command centre of the Republic Forces.

Friday - 'Chapter Five' - Jedi Master Kit Fisto leads an ambitious assault against Separatist forces on the water planet of Mon Calamari.

Corrado

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was doing the talkback!!!

****** Christ!!

Note from William C. Maune: Post edited for language.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Umm... we had said multiple times... and it's in the FAQ... that the Talkbacks will be done by whoever gets them up first that day.

Does your name stickied mean that much to you?

Corrado

I'm sorry for snapping. I really don't know the rules for this forum. Every forum has their own rules.

As for the talkback, I guess I'm mad because I'm very proud of the way the "Clone Wars" Talkback ended up in the Cartoon Network Forums. There was no name-calling, flaming, nothing of that ilk. Call me crazy but I think that was my biggest accomplishment at Toonzone.

William did a good job with the preview. One minor quibble, though, I think it would've been better if the synopsis for each chapter was posted the day of the chapter.

Once again, I'm sorry. That is all.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Well, that's why we have the brand new shiny updated FAQ up there.

The other board Talkback's erupt in flames? Sucks for them.

Corrado

The following was from my review of Chapter 1 from the "Clone Wars" Talback on November 7:

Highlights of Chapter 1:

Positives:

Battle Scenes.

Music.

The Design on Palpatine.

Tom Kane as Yoda.

The Wave.

PADME!!!

C-3PO.

Negatives:

None.

Out of 5, I give it 5.

Here are the VA's for Chapter 1:

Tom Kane-Yoda.

James Arnold Taylor-Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Nick Jameson-Palpatine.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
I must say, these VAs do an AWESOME job at impersonating the real guys. They sound almost exactly like Frank Oz, Ewan McGregor, and Hayden Christianson.

DianaGohan

I think you gave all Clone War Chapters a 5 out of 5 Corrado. Which shows you just how good it is.

Looking back today, this will probably the only apperance of Padamine in the entire Micro-Saga I believe. Which sucks for her fans (espically one of my friends whose obsessed with her).

Corrado

"I think you gave all Clone War Chapters a 5 out of 5 Corrado."

I gave Chapter 2, 4.5.

"Looking back today, this will probably the only apperance of Padamine in the entire Micro-Saga I believe."

She's supposed to be in the second set of chapters in March. She was featured in the teaser after they ran Chapters6/10. Grey De Lisle is the VA of Padme.

PaQ

Believe it!
Good to see Clone Wars on Toonami.
Chapter 1 Review:
  • I liked how Anakin's Cloak flew onto C3PO.
  • I liked that outfit that Padme was wearing. ;)
  • Poor Ian McDiarmid aka Senator Palpatine, that character design really doesn't do anything good for him, but it fits.
  • Great opening act, Great action, although I question the uses of some sounds.
  • Overall an A+.
  • I didn't see the first seconds or so, Was there a toonami intro for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

PaQ

Believe it!
oh. lol. That sux. I was sort of hoping they would do something but since I saw that right after the Clone Wars episode CN just had TOM pressing the button for TFA I had the feeling that there wasn't one.

SSJPabs

It's just us
I was really turned off by the designs, most particularly Padme and Palpatine. Whew, did they EVER look ugly. Yoda I can understand, he's a wizened weirdo lookin' alien, but at least try to make the designs aesthetically pleasing as well as stylized.
Ah well, I'll keep watching to see how intersting it is. It's good enough for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corrado

"was really turned off by the designs, most particularly Padme"

I liked Padme's design. The wave ruled.

"and Palpatine."

The hands were creepy but a nice touch.

Corrado

Er, yeah.

What I did was do a Positives/Negatives thing which I do for Teen Titans. Since it was just 5 minutes, there wasn't much to review.

The VAs were a separate post that I did after the review because I wanted people to know who did what voice.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Y'know, I wish they continued the music from the "last episode segment" into the episode. Stopping the music for the title screen kinda ruins the atmosphere.

BTW, I love how most of the Republic vehicles are the precursors to the Empire's vehicles in the original trilogy. Nice touch.

They also need to release a mp3 of the Toonami remix of the Star Wars theme.

Beat

Retired
This is really, really cool. I was skeptical, but after yesterday and today, I'm convinced.

Corrado

The following was from my review of "Clone Wars" on November 10:

Highlights of Chapter 2:

Positives:

I liked the Previously on 24, I mean Previously on Clone Wars thing at the beginning.

The battles.

The designs on the troopers.

Negatives:

Anakin's voice was a little off. Better than Scott Menville, though.

Out of 5, I give it 4.5.

Here are the VA's for Chapter 2:

James Arnold Taylor-Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Mat Lucas-Anakin Skywalker.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy 83rd birthday to Michael Bell.

Both are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker and pick Tamaranean Dance Club to move to the next round. The next matchup is A Gift For Dad. It's between "Present Tense" from The Loud House and "The Other Side: The Tournament" from Craig Of The Creek.
I have a question about ratings. Those ratings for a shows that we see, do they show just how much viewers watched the whole episode of the show or they include also people that randomly tuned in for few minutes before they turned off TV/changed the channel?
what went horribly, HORRIBLY wrong with HBO Max's The Prince?
Hero Elementary will have a first day of school special airing on Monday September 6.

Featured Posts