"Star vs. the Forces of Evil" Series Talkback Thread (SPOILERS)

Latest News & Videos

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
What racism? Moon's recent actions weren't motivated by hate towards monsters, infact she convinced Rhombulus to free Globgor for Eclipsa. Her recent actions are only out of a distrust of Eclipsa and to make sure Mina doesn't go too far with trying to dethrone Eclipsa.
I kind of agree. In either case it all still feels so incredibly contrived which if this is the best setup they could have come up with, I'm not really sure about the ending Finale.

• Agree
Reactions: ShadowBeast

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
infact she convinced Rhombulus to free Globgor for Eclipsa.
No, Eclipsa only thanked her for getting Globgor freed but it was never said that Moon did so for Eclipsa, the implication was that she wanted a way to get Eclipsa and Globgor out of the picture so that Mina wouldn't have to attack the kingdom. It's not racism-motivated, but it's still bad of her.

Reactions: Radical Buster
Aug 14, 2015
Castro Valley, California, USA
For the series finale "Cleaved", I would really love to hear a voice sounding similar to either Bubbles from the 1998 version of "The Powerpuff Girls", Timmy Turner from "The Fairly OddParents", Raven from "Teen Titans", Harley Quinn from the DC Comics Universe, Ilana from "Sym-Bionic Titan", Twilight Sparkle from "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic", or Unikitty from the Cartoon Network program of the same name.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
No, Eclipsa only thanked her for getting Globgor freed but it was never said that Moon did so for Eclipsa, the implication was that she wanted a way to get Eclipsa and Globgor out of the picture so that Mina wouldn't have to attack the kingdom. It's not racism-motivated, but it's still bad of her.
I really don't think Moon had Globgor released for the same reason that Rhombulus was accused of for releasing him. But Moon would know that Eclipsa wouldn't be willing to leave Mewni without Meteora and Globgor, so releasing Globgor would've been the best option. Though Moon probably would've had an easier way of convincing Eclipsa to relinquish the wand and leave Mewni(along with the rest of her family of course) by simply offering to have Rhombulus release Globgor.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Combing all 4
Kind of figured Mina wasn't in that first suit, because it wasn't saying anything. They really had to jam that Starco making scene What that Moon helping Mina reveal was random. A backstory episode plus, baby Eclipsa. So that's why the episode is called Pizza party. Moon shouldn't have made a deal with a crazy person , because that never works. Heckapoo has good timing. Moon also help release Globgor interesting. River is doing great helping Globgor. When Marco said magic brought them together he was right because it kind of did. These episodes were alright.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
One thing I want to know. Where did the Magic come from before it goes into the realm?
Considering that Glossasryck is connected with the magic, the magic must have been around as long as Glossaryck has. And going by the Magic Book of Spells book, Glossaryck has been around when the first universe began. Don't know whether before, after, or at the same as the universe though.

StellaMagic

Nov 18, 2006
Virginia
Considering that Glossasryck is connected with the magic, the magic must have been around as long as Glossaryck has. And going by the Magic Book of Spells book, Glossaryck has been around when the first universe began. Don't know whether before, after, or at the same as the universe though.
I mean how is the magic created.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
I had made a comment elsewhere about Glossaryck being the mastermind of it all and having manipulated events from the start for centuries for some as of yet unknown goal.

Reactions: Dudley

Radical

Banned
Nov 7, 2004
Lacey,Washington
Both The Right Way, Here to Help, and The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse were sweet,

Star saving Eclipsa was sweet.
Both Kelly, Jorby, Rich Pigeon, Talon, Sea Horse, and Quirky Guy to best to help Star:D, but the poor guys crushed.
Seeing Pony Head crushed is super satisfying, yaaaaaay:D!!!!
Star's rainbow armor fighting the Solarian warrior is really cool.
The Solarian warriors the most horrible despicable unlikable villains next to King Shastican, Pony Head, and Jeremy.
Janna's best moments.
Eclipsa/Janna using explosives is cool.
Eclipsa destroying the Solarian warrior with the Spell With No Name was cool/satisfying:D.
Cool for Marco to come to tell the bad news.
Mina's horrible evil plan to bring back the Solarian army, a better dangerous threat than Meteora.

Star and everyone taking refuge in the castle was great.
River to get everyone to safety is sweet.
The pig goats are so cute.
Star/Marco's moment becoming a couple was sweet, the best cute couple:anime:.
Moon's secret on ordering Mina was surprising/shocking:eek:, what a shocking cliffhanger, she has a good reason, Moon still a good person though.

Hekapoo turning good on saving Star, Marco, Moon, Eclipsa, and Meteora to the Tavern at the End of the Multiverse away from magic was sweet:D.
Moon responsible for Globgor's escape was surprising though.
River saving Globgor to the healing fountains was sweet.
Star hating magic is interesting/surprising.
Poor Star to hear the shocking news after destroying magic, Marco will cease to exist and everyone returns home, yikes/shocking:eek:.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
That ending felt...unfinished. I'm glad that Star and Marco can live together, but are they just gonna let the giant monsters roam Earth? Why didn't they just arrest Mina? This episode felt like it ended right before the final epilogue act They could've made it better had Disney ordered one more episode for the finale OR had the crew mapped out the season properly.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
That ending felt...unfinished. I'm glad that Star and Marco can live together, but are they just gonna let the giant monsters roam Earth? Why didn't they just arrest Mina? This episode felt like it ended right before the final epilogue act They could've made it better had Disney ordered one more episode for the finale OR had the crew mapped out the season properly.
You kind of just listed the issues right there. They probably DID think or expect they were getting another season and by this point, all they had was a skeleton crew since everyone else left for Amphibia or Owl House already.

Reactions: Radical Buster

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I haven't kept up with this series too much. I've seen a few episodes, although mostly clips and a few episodes from the past couple of seasons, so I don't have enough information to really judge the fourth season or the series as a whole.

That being said, I did check out the finale just because I was curious. It was emotional and I kind of appreciate that they didn't undo destroying the magic either. I was almost expecting that to happen for some reason. While it was sweet that Star and Marco's worlds combined so that they could be together and didn't have to be apart from their families, it felt like a weird spot to end the series like that. They didn't even hug to further appeal to the fans of that pairing. I'm also not sure what was the point of Marco getting stabbed by that unicorn. It made the scene more intense, but I'm not sure what it did besides that when it seemingly disappeared as soon as the magic was destroyed.

It wasn't exactly rushed and I'm not sure if I could judge that without seeing more of the season, but I agree it felt a bit unfinished. The two worlds merging together sounds like a pretty big deal. Focusing on the aftermath of that could have possibly worked for another season if this wasn't the last one. Another episode serving as an extended epilogue could have worked too. It was still a good finale from what I can see. It was just a bit too open ended for my tastes. Even the final villain was still out there, although I assume she's less of a threat now.

I was happy that Eclipsa got a happy ending with her family though. Out of what I've seen of the series, she's probably my favorite character and I liked that she was able to be with Globgor and Meteora. They have a new chance to be a family without the stress and pressure of being a royal family, which is pretty neat. I should watch more of the series, even though I already know how it ends. I've seen a decent chuck of seasons three and four with a few episodes from season one, but I don't know if I've seen much of season two. Disney Channel only has season three and four available for free on their On Demand section for some reason, which is an issue since On Demand is how I watch a lot of shows nowadays.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
The series finale was good. It's bold move getting rid of magic like that. I really lied that Janna said that Marco was her friend. The Worlds coming was kind of cool and glad those two got a happy ending. Glad Eclipsa her family got a good ending she really was a great character in this series.

This was a fun series for me, I really did enjoy it. It wasn't 100% good but it had interesting characters and memorable characters (and Pony Head, for the wrong reasons) . I'm glad i stuck through watching it even when parts of season 3 irradiated me with some of the things they were doing, but four was really strong.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.