"Star vs. the Forces of Evil" Series Talkback Thread (SPOILERS)

Latest News & Videos

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
Which I STILL really don't get. Like...Why? What exactly was the whole point of all this?
Basically, Moon failed at doing what she said she'd do. She SAID "I'm not Queen anymore, Mina's not my problem, Eclipsa can handle it on her own", but ultimately her Queen mindset that she's lived with for so long got the better of her, and she aligned with the MHC and Mina in order to depose Eclipsa (who she never trusted anyway) so that Mina doesn't create any worse destruction. But this ironically just ENSURED that Mina created worse destruction, because Moon is kind of an idiot.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
Basically, Moon failed at doing what she said she'd do. She SAID "I'm not Queen anymore, Mina's not my problem, Eclipsa can handle it on her own", but ultimately her Queen mindset that she's lived with for so long got the better of her, and she aligned with the MHC and Mina in order to depose Eclipsa (who she never trusted anyway) so that Mina doesn't create any worse destruction. But this ironically just ENSURED that Mina created worse destruction, because Moon is kind of an idiot.
Which makes no sense since it's pure Idiot Ball from Moon which COMPLETELY contradicts everything we've seen of her character up to this point. It's an incredibly dumb plan that was never going to work and from what we've seen of her thus far, one that Moon had no business falling for of botching like this.

• Agree
Reactions: Radical Buster

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
You'd think Moon would have better foresight of the situation judging by her character. And all this over what, an accident? Not only is it a stupid plan, it also shows that Moon hasn't developed at all. She still has no faith in Star whatsoever, otherwise she wouldn't have gone through all this trouble to usurp the throne.

Reactions: SweetShop209

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
You'd think Moon would have better foresight of the situation judging by her character. And all this over what, an accident? Not only is it a stupid plan, it also shows that Moon hasn't developed at all. She still has no faith in Star whatsoever, otherwise she wouldn't have gone through all this trouble to usurp the throne.
That's the weird and frustrating part of it all. Some of the previous episodes were showing that she WAS beginning to trust Star much more and was developing more to let others handle certain issues while she finally settles down away from her queen role. There are some other issues as well, but thats later.

StellaMagic

Nov 18, 2006
Virginia

Guys, I noticed some things in Star's tapestry. Have you noticed that Star is using her magic against the corrupted magic and the hole where Glossaryck was in "Into the Wand" wasn't repaired? If Star is going to destroy the magic, how is she still using hers, and why wasn't the hole where Glossaryck was repaired? I don't think Star will destroy the magic but reset it like in Toffee. She will make new magic that can only be powered by love and understanding as it should

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ

Guys, I noticed some things in Star's tapestry. Have you noticed that Star is using her magic against the corrupted magic and the hole where Glossaryck was in "Into the Wand" wasn't repaired? If Star is going to destroy the magic, how is she still using hers, and why wasn't the hole where Glossaryck was repaired? I don't think Star will destroy the magic but reset it like in Toffee. She will make new magic that can only be powered by love and understanding as it should
That...would be cool with me over this whole, "Toffee was right to want to destroy all magic" nonsense since that doesn't make anymore sense than Moon's whole thing right now. I AM calling that all of this is some kind of complex gambit by Glossaryck.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
So pretty much this season boils down to "We cant trust Eclipsa despite her not showing any hints of being untrustworthy", also Moon must be gripping the idiot ball hard if she thinks a bunch of Mewni supremasit sociopathic supersoldiers wearing hulkbuster suits are going to be kind to the monsters

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
The writers have shown no subtlety in telling us that everyone only hates Eclipsa because they're racist. Unfortunately, in pushing that narrative, they forgot to make the story make sense.
The term "racist" does not correlate on the reason for hating Eclipsa since her mother display what real-life conservative extremist is, although I do not like using that as example since this is quite far outside from the box.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
The term "racist" does not correlate on the reason for hating Eclipsa since her mother display what real-life conservative extremist is, although I do not like using that as example since this is quite far outside from the box.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
I don't think people really cared about that since they were mostly focused on her relationship with Globgor. They might see it as her tainting the bloodline.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Which I STILL really don't get. Like...Why? What exactly was the whole point of all this?
Two words, forced drama.

Which makes no sense since it's pure Idiot Ball from Moon which COMPLETELY contradicts everything we've seen of her character up to this point. It's an incredibly dumb plan that was never going to work and from what we've seen of her thus far, one that Moon had no business falling for of botching like this.
It wasn't completely dumb as Moon had planned to de-power the Solarian Warriors in case Mina turned against her. Unfortunately Moon didn't count on the Solarian Warriors to pledge to Solaria instead of her of which is required to de-power the warriors.

The writers have shown no subtlety in telling us that everyone only hates Eclipsa because they're racist. Unfortunately, in pushing that narrative, they forgot to make the story make sense.
I agree, this along with the overuse of the ship-drama has been a problem with the series. Toffee's plot was very smoothly well done in a span of 2 1/2 seasons. But after that, the show has been a mess with certain plots not given enough focus to grow and the "will Starco happen or not" drama is pointless as we all know it's gonna happen, so shortening the ship nonsense would've gotten us better focus on more interesting plots.
Globgor had a reputation, but we never got why he had such a reputation, just a big reveal that he's a nice guy, that's it.
I can see why the Mewmans would hate Eclipsa as she had abandoned her kingdom in the past, and when she got it back, she was leaving her people homeless when she was giving land back to the monsters. She did nothing to re-home them.

Reactions: doomrider7

JannaBanana

Apr 10, 2019
France
"Pizza Party/The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse" really might be the best two parts episodes of the entire show, beating "Baby/Running with Scissors". The second one is at least my favorite of the season. This moment was surprisingly emotional :

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
The Right Way / Here To Help / Pizza Party / The Tarven at The End Of The Universe

I will just review this in one batch since they all tie together. Wow what a set up for the grand finale. We got everything, some dark aspects of war, family drama, lore, and of course relationship drama in Starco finally becoming canon.

I do feel Star telling Mina mewni changed and never going to change back, is sort of subtext to real life, and the question is there is place for people like Mina in this new world, I think for Mina it might be too late, but for her followers maybe we can learn to co exist.

And Moon plan was idiotic form the beginning, trying to appease Mina, you can't appease terrorist, that is why we say we don't negotiate with terrorist.

So Star going to destroy magic, why do I feel magic is a metaphor for guns.

Anyway I am sure we don't get a downer ending, I don't know what will happen with Mina, well we actually kill her, well we have to wait and see.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
"Pizza Party/The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse" really might be the best two parts episodes of the entire show, beating "Baby/Running with Scissors". The second one is at least my favorite of the season. This moment was surprisingly emotional :

That moment caught me off guard, in a good way. I never expected the death of an extremely minor character to hold this much emotional weight. The exchange leading up to it was simple, but effective.

• Agree
Reactions: ShadowBeast

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
Star's plan of destroying magic is absurd. You can't do such a thing. In all stories I have seen similar to this one, "magic" is like a primordial form of energy in the universe and it can have a lot of different names. Just like "Chi", the life force in Chinese's culture. Therefore, you CAN'T destroy it. And even if you do, you only doom the universe to eventually become unstable and die. There must be another way to fix all of this.

Besides, Star's tapestry shows her using magic against the "dark polluted" magic, so this clearly means you CAN'T destroy magic. Also, her tapestry only show monsters, but there's no Mewmans instead of Star's parents and Eclipsa. I think this means all Mewmans/humans will be send back to where they belong, Earth; including Star and her family. Eclipsa could be the only one who will stay in Mewni with her monster family.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
I'm really not feeling this season (and by extension, most of season 3). Most of my feelings are of either indifference of negativity , with the only stuff giving me positive feelings involving moments with Eclipsa and/or Globgor, and Tom and Buff Frog to an extent .

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
I agree, this along with the overuse of the ship-drama has been a problem with the series. Toffee's plot was very smoothly well done in a span of 2 1/2 seasons. But after that, the show has been a mess with certain plots not given enough focus to grow and the "will Starco happen or not" drama is pointless as we all know it's gonna happen, so shortening the ship nonsense would've gotten us better focus on more interesting plots.
Yeah. Season 1 had some growing pains, but it was more than serviceable. Season 2 + The Battle For Mewni is when the show was at its best. The plot/filler ratio felt balanced, the story arc didn't have too many plot points going on at once, and the shipping drama was kept to a minimum and really just on Star's end. Compare The Battle For Mewni to this final run of episodes: in the former, the story was straightforward: magic is dying out and Mewni is being invaded by Ludo and his forces, Toffee is responsible, he must be stopped. This was followed through the whole way, plus good character insight and development for the side characters like Moon, River, Buff Frog, and Ludo. The only real loose ends (beyond Eclipsa being released) were the exact nature of the Realm of Magic and Toffee's full motivations, which have since been filled in. Whereas with where we are now, I don't know how every plot and character elements they've set up can be resolved in a satisfying way in just one episode.

Last edited:

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
I am kind of thinking perhaps they should have made Moon and River grandparents instead, and have Star's parents be killed by Toffe. They seemed more like senor citizens with their behavior. Moon with racism and River and all his Riverness.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Moon with racism and River and all his Riverness.
What racism? Moon's recent actions weren't motivated by hate towards monsters, infact she convinced Rhombulus to free Globgor for Eclipsa. Her recent actions are only out of a distrust of Eclipsa and to make sure Mina doesn't go too far with trying to dethrone Eclipsa.