"Star Trek: Picard" News & Discussion Thread

Mandouga

Kurtzman talks about the series - it's a psychological show, a character study about this man in his emeritus years, slower paced than Discovery, going through some deep valleys to get back to the light.

Yeah, I already don't like what this sounds like. If this is just going to be another drama about someone who "struggles"* with their own mortality, I'm not even going to bother, especially if this turns out to be another show meant for "mature...", well, you know, because any drama could do that, and Star Trek isn't just any drama (or science fiction story, or any other [put genre here] but anyway...).

*A buzzword that may not mean what some people think it means. Also, this is regardless of the "fewer days ahead than there are behind" speech he made in Star Trek: Generations.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Okay, it took long enough to finally get a real title and it's not the most creative title ever. Looks like the show will actually happen and not be part of development hell. They are probably taking their time with that release date to avoid another Star Trek season 1 delay fiasco. Really, there should only be a release date if they know it can be released in time. Nintendo has a horrible history of giving a release date and pushing it back quite a ways.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I'm satisfied with that title.

What made this title reveal so awkward is that they kept it a big secret for so many months and the reveal being so obvious is anticlimactic. A lot of us were expecting a more abstract title. I don't understand why the show's title was kept such a secret. The title reveal at least reassures us that it is likely to actually be made. I guess the Section 31 show with no name is probably going to be called Section 31.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
What made this title reveal so awkward is that they kept it a big secret for so many months and the reveal being so obvious is anticlimactic. A lot of us were expecting a more abstract title. I don't understand why the show's title was kept such a secret. The title reveal at least reassures us that it is likely to actually be made. I guess the Section 31 show with no name is probably going to be called Section 31.
I didn't really care much about the hype of the supposed secret title. Star Trek: Picard works because it describes exactly what it is. I don't really care about the drama behind it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Great teaser. This is already looking like a hit.

He was an admiral? He had to have moved up 4 or 5 ranks to get to admiral from captain? Definitely interesting.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Looks like there's much more progress on this show than the doubters claim.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Michael Chabon apparently is more famous for literary works than television. At least he doesn't have the spotty as can be Kurtzman resume.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts