"Star Trek: Picard" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Kurtzman talks about the series - it's a psychological show, a character study about this man in his emeritus years, slower paced than Discovery, going through some deep valleys to get back to the light.
Yeah, I already don't like what this sounds like. If this is just going to be another drama about someone who "struggles"* with their own mortality, I'm not even going to bother, especially if this turns out to be another show meant for "mature...", well, you know, because any drama could do that, and Star Trek isn't just any drama (or science fiction story, or any other [put genre here] but anyway...).

*A buzzword that may not mean what some people think it means. Also, this is regardless of the "fewer days ahead than there are behind" speech he made in Star Trek: Generations.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Okay, it took long enough to finally get a real title and it's not the most creative title ever. Looks like the show will actually happen and not be part of development hell. They are probably taking their time with that release date to avoid another Star Trek season 1 delay fiasco. Really, there should only be a release date if they know it can be released in time. Nintendo has a horrible history of giving a release date and pushing it back quite a ways.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
I'm satisfied with that title.
What made this title reveal so awkward is that they kept it a big secret for so many months and the reveal being so obvious is anticlimactic. A lot of us were expecting a more abstract title. I don't understand why the show's title was kept such a secret. The title reveal at least reassures us that it is likely to actually be made. I guess the Section 31 show with no name is probably going to be called Section 31.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
What made this title reveal so awkward is that they kept it a big secret for so many months and the reveal being so obvious is anticlimactic. A lot of us were expecting a more abstract title. I don't understand why the show's title was kept such a secret. The title reveal at least reassures us that it is likely to actually be made. I guess the Section 31 show with no name is probably going to be called Section 31.
I didn't really care much about the hype of the supposed secret title. Star Trek: Picard works because it describes exactly what it is. I don't really care about the drama behind it.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Looks like there's much more progress on this show than the doubters claim.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Michael Chabon apparently is more famous for literary works than television. At least he doesn't have the spotty as can be Kurtzman resume.

Reactions: Yojimbo