"Star Trek: Picard" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

DarkAngel

Lord Vader
May 1, 2001
Ohio
Visit site
At STLV, Patrick Stewart announces he'll be back as Picard, and possibly no longer a captain 20 years post-Nemesis. Kurtzman referenced this being the next Trek series.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Picard series deals with him after the dissolution of the Romulan Empire after Spock failed to save it from a supernova and how radically his life has changed.
Cautiously optimistic. It will not be a soft reboot after all which is what I was objecting to. My biggest concern is now the designs for the uniforms and the Klingons. Hopefully they'll be smart enough to pay for the right licenses.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
The article has only suggested that he won't be a captain anymore. Jonathan Frakes says that's "all [he] knows" about the show, which is what TV Tropes calls "Word of St. Paul" (Patrick Stewart is apparently going to be a producer, and Jonathan Frakes is going to be a writer). No offense, Yojimbo, but this isn't a confirmation.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
The article has only suggested that he won't be a captain anymore. Jonathan Frakes says that's "all [he] knows" about the show, which is what TV Tropes calls "Word of St. Paul" (Patrick Stewart is apparently going to be a producer, and Jonathan Frakes is going to be a writer). No offense, Yojimbo, but this isn't a confirmation.
It would actually be weird and out of character if he WAS still a captain 25 years later. This isn't just a confirmation, it's a no-brainer.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Nevertheless, they never said anything, and we shouldn't make assumptions. That said, Picard could probably be an admiral by now, but they never said that either.