"Ghost Rider" (unconfirmed MCU film) News & Discussion

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well it could be possible that Marvel Studios now that they've got the rights to all of these other characters back want to redouble their efforts on getting right characters who have been bungled up in the past and man is Ghost Rider someone who has not been given full justice whatsoever. And even if the Hulu series is good that will still be with the Robbie Reyes take on the character not the original Johnny Blaze who yeah still has the the stink of Nic Cage on him. I admit years upon years back I had this idea of one of the Marvel movies ending actually with the Nic Cage Johnny Blaze being either taken out or used by Thanos as Ghost Rider knew where one of the Infinity Stones is but htat was just one of those really weird off fan ideas that wouldn't work. However trying to rebrand the idea in the actual universe to fully get the character right would especially since a proper Ghost Rider movie would have a unique feel from most other Marvel films out there and Ghost Rider is one of those heroes who having a cinematic budget for would really be necessary to get as right as possible. Of course even if it does happen expect it at earliest... 2023/2024.

the greenman

Well it could be possible that Marvel Studios now that they've got the rights to all of these other characters back want to redouble their efforts on getting right characters who have been bungled up in the past and man is Ghost Rider someone who has not been given full justice whatsoever. And even if the Hulu series is good that will still be with the Robbie Reyes take on the character not the original Johnny Blaze who yeah still has the the stink of Nic Cage on him. I admit years upon years back I had this idea of one of the Marvel movies ending actually with the Nic Cage Johnny Blaze being either taken out or used by Thanos as Ghost Rider knew where one of the Infinity Stones is but htat was just one of those really weird off fan ideas that wouldn't work. However trying to rebrand the idea in the actual universe to fully get the character right would especially since a proper Ghost Rider movie would have a unique feel from most other Marvel films out there and Ghost Rider is one of those heroes who having a cinematic budget for would really be necessary to get as right as possible. Of course even if it does happen expect it at earliest... 2023/2024.
I was a Ghost Rider fan in the 90's. I loved when Danny Ketch was an older dude with his hair tied in a ponytail helping out Johnny Blaze with a cigarette & a shotgun. Reminded me of the film Phantasm 2 when Reggie & Mike go on the road hunting the Tall Man.

Once again, seems the MCU is taking a cue from the plans of Avengers: EMH. They planned for a supernatural 3rd season. I wouldn't be surprised if these plans are true as both Alan Fine & Chris Yost worked on that series.

Btw, Method Man IS Johnny Blaze

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
(Please please refrain from another discussion about the ongoing debate of are the TV shows canon) I always thought it be pretty cool if they used the Johnny Blaze super-cameo in AOS as a jumping off point -- without his powers, mentors another Rider since there are actually multiple Spirits of Vengeance, if I remember right, not just the first one Zarathos.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
In the aftermath of the Ghost Rider Hulu show being shelved, it's been rumored Loeb had plans for Blade, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Ghost Rider and Midnight Sons but Feige later made plans of his own and took them away. Well, we know 2 of those for sure so far.

Frontier

Staff member
In the aftermath of the Ghost Rider Hulu show being shelved, it's been rumored Loeb had plans for Blade, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Ghost Rider and Midnight Sons but Feige later made plans of his own and took them away. Well, we know 2 of those for sure so far.
Just when you think you're carving a Supernatural/Horror niche and the movies tear the floor right from under you :ack:.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I think Ghost Rider might be better off as a movie in the MCU.

And what of X-Men and the F4? When are we gonna have announcements of their MCU debuts?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Maybe they looked at the GR box office results and changed their minds.
Consider the last time any superhero built around ghosts, demons & whatnot really drew a relatively massive crowd. Blade reboot will be a test to see if that's commercially viable.

the greenman

Consider the last time any superhero built around ghosts, demons & whatnot really drew a relatively massive crowd. Blade reboot will be a test to see if that's commercially viable.
Well, I already have a thread about supernatural superhero films. I simply doubt they can crack a billion. Dr. Strange ironically only made about $666 million.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Dr. Strange ironically only made about $677 million.
That's steeped into Eastern theology rather than the Satan/Christian concepts I was referring to.
Forget 677, You're looking at the very least surpassing 300 mil.

the greenman

That's steeped into Eastern theology rather than the Satan/Christian concepts I was referring to.
Forget 677, You're looking at the very least surpassing 300 mil.
Oh I wasn't being serious about that number. I do know it made around that figure, but at least you got my inference.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Building up the supernatural corner ;).
8/3: Finally. As Mostezli implies, I also think this will come post-Blade if true. Then again, could be before if Moon Knight sets up any threads. We just had a Kang variant show up before the movie appearance we knew about beforehand. Wonder if they plan to have Blade cameo in in or more of these supernatural shows.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.

Featured Posts