"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Sponge on the Run might also be skipping theaters too:

I already responded to a similar comment of yours, and I'll say it again: There's no explicit statement in that article on the film having to skip theatres. It could just be delayed again a little, hopefully to September, since Connected moved from that month to October. Also, decisions like these are also left to Paramount, not Bob Bakish, like in the article.

Last edited:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Aug 31, 2018
Right behind you.
I already responded to a similar comment of yours, and I'll say it again: There's no explicit statement in that article on the film having to skip theatres. It could just be delayed again a little, hopefully to September, since Connected moved from that month to October.
Classic example of only reading the title of an article.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
While nothing is set in stone yet, I think it is safe to say that with current world conditions, there is a CHANCE, possibly even a BIG chance, that Sponge on the Run will not be in theaters. I think that's all @19MagiswordLane was trying to get across with that article.
August 7th is far away, and I bet conditions, especially in America, will improve around that time. Netflix is an alternate option if Sponge on the Run can't make it to theatres, not PVOD, given the current ViacomCBS/Netflix deal.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
August 7th is far away, and I bet conditions, especially in America, will improve around that time. Netflix is an alternate option if Sponge on the Run can't make it to theatres, not PVOD, given the current ViacomCBS/Netflix deal.
I don't know about other countries, but I don't think our chances in America are that great based on how many states are pushing for more places to reopen before the curve is anywhere close to flatten. Things will hopefully be better in August. I hope that will be the case for a number of reasons, but it doesn't seem that promising right now in May. It isn't a guarantee either way yet. It's hard to plan a week ahead now, let alone months in advance, given the current situation. But I would not bet any money for theaters to be reopened in August. Studios may have to change how they handle releasing their movies for quite some time.

While there is the Netflix deal, I could see them going the VOD route simply because people would be specifically buying the movie. I don't think you can do that on Netflix or Disney+ when the movies and shows are all tied to a single subscription. Plus, this is a Spongebob movie, so plenty of kids would want to see it and parents would be more willing to buy the movie as a fun distraction for everyone, which leads to Nickelodeon making more money.

kanc

Sep 9, 2013
The repeat encores of SpongeBob Appreciation Day: Patchy's Beach Bash that started last week were in new commercial mode, even though there are two commercial breaks between: after theme cut to commercial break, after segment 2 of show, it only moves to segment 3 instead of commercial break. Very awkward.
Now this rerun this weekend did not go commercial break after the theme

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Oct 23, 2015
London, UK
The voice cast of SpongeBob SquarePants will come together for a virtual table read to recreate the most memorable moments from Nickelodeon’s longest-running animated series.

Premiering Fri., June 5, on Nickelodeon, The Stars of SpongeBob Fan Favorites Special sees Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Rodger Bumpass (Squidward), Carolyn Lawrence (Sandy), Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs) and Mr. Lawrence (Plankton) join in a half-hour virtually produced special to bring to life classic SpongeBob SquarePants scenes, as voted on by fans.

The Stars of SpongeBob Fan Favorites Special will feature animation from the original episodes alongside the voice cast’s re-creation of beloved scenes. Voting on a selection of scenes is now open on NickPlay.com, where fans can pick from classic moments, including “Band Rehearsal,” “Alaskan Bull Worm,” “I’m Dirty Dan,” and more. The special will also include the best one-liners, iconic quotes and a performance of a brand-new rendition of the “F.U.N. Song.”

kanc

Sep 9, 2013
Now this rerun this weekend did not go commercial break after the theme
AGAIN Today encore for Patchy Beach's Bash after theme NOW went to commercial break.

What's with new commercial modes anyway? I can tolerate for Nick's live action and Nick cartoon's (it's ALWAYS been done like this since early 2018), even Nick@Nite's shows (somewhat) except Full House.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

And the winner of this matchup is Let's Go Luna, which got 2 votes. Bear In The Big Blue House got nothing. The last matchup for round 2 is between Wow Wow Wubbzy and TOTS.

CHOWDER YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO THE FORCE
Just got "Star Wars Episode 1 Racer" for the Nintendo Switch, and I'm drinking in the Nintendo 64 nostalgia. Played this game a lot 20 years ago.
Teenage Mutant CG Turtles
This is Getting a Reboot
jordanjbatista wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Excuse me, Light Lucario.

Question:

How do you make a Fantasy Schedule thread with the Best Programming and Timeslots that other fans and forum people would think about and find Enjoyable?

I couldn’t think of what to do and I don’t wanna risk my Fantasy Schedule forums getting CLOSED indefinitely.

Can u help me, plz?