• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

jaylop97

Staff member
Seems reasonable for the movie to get moved down, and it airs now 5 years after the second movie which gives it a unique premiere date.

Toons Fan

I wonder if Bonnie and Clyde are wearing any socks
A week of new episodes is coming on Monday, February 12th at 6PM.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/spongebob-squarepants/listings/

2/16/18 (Fr.) 6:00 PM NICK (#228B) Grandmum's the Word
2/15/18 (Th.) 6:00 PM NICK (#228A) Fun-Sized Friends
2/14/18 (We.) 6:00 PM NICK (#227B) Old Man Patrick
2/13/18 (Tu.) 6:00 PM NICK (#227A) Drive Happy
2/12/18 (Mo.) 6:00 PM NICK (#226) Chatterbox Gary/Don't Feed the Clowns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToonsJazzLover

Man, Keith David is everywhere when it comes to voice acting. It will be interesting to hear him speak as Gary. (Dee Bradley Baker previously did the talking Gary voice in Sleepy Time) The show always bring in on-camera actors as guest stars rather than relying on Nick stars.

Although I forgot to write it after the award ceremonies, congratulations to both Stephen Hillenburg and Tom Kenny for winning something from the Annie Awards. The former won a Winsor McCay Award and the latter won Best Voice Acting in an animated television series for his work as SpongeBob in the episode Mimic Madness. They both deserved it.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Chatterbox Gary/Don’t Feed the Clowns
Airs February 12, 2018 at 6 P.M. on Nickelodeon.
When SpongeBob gets his pet snail, Gary, a pet translation collar, he starts to talk enthusiastically, but Squidward doesn't like it; SpongeBob befriends a small clown, who has been left behind by the circus, and takes care of him.
---
Drive Happy
Airs February 13, 2018 at 6 P.M. on Nickelodeon.
Although SpongeBob can't drive, he doesn't need a license to operate a self-driving car.
---
Old Man Patrick
Airs February 14, 2018 at 6 P.M. on Nickelodeon.
When Patrick thinks that he is an old man, SpongeBob tries to cheer him up and remind him what it was like to be a kid and have fun.
---
Fun-Sized Friends
Airs February 15, 2018 at 6 P.M. on Nickelodeon.
SpongeBob and Patrick have some fun when they exchange miniaturized living versions of themselves.
---
Grandmum’s the Word
Airs February 16, 2018 at 6 P.M. on Nickelodeon.
When Sheldon J. Plankton tells his grandmother that he is the one who owns the successful Krusty Krab restaurant, he has to find a way to keep his lie going when she comes over for a visit, and also before she finds out the truth.​

Action!

Chatterbox Gary: it was pretty good at the beginning but it went downhill after Squidward started to interfere with the translator. Rating: 6.5/10
Don’t Feed The Clowns: It was a good episode. Rating:8.5/10

Action!

Drive Happy:I really liked the episode. It was funny throughout the episode. 8/10
Old Man Patrick: I really liked the episode. The running gags were pretty good too and SpongeBob did a reference to the theme song. 9.5/10

kanc

I'm pretty sure they were promoting something, but I can't remember what it was exactly. Sorry.
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_events
I know it's really too late to post those, but I found something on what was promoted in new episodes which was on Sat morning from mid Sept to Oct 2017. The promo was each uploaded on wikia.
Sept 23 - History of SpongeBob marathon
Sept 30 - Best of the Baddies marathon
Oct 7 - Craziest Creatures marathon
Oct 21 - The Fast and Porous marathon

ToonsJazzLover

Chatterbox Gary was good. I liked seeing Gary speak via pet translator (kudos to Keith David). Almost of the stuff he said were satisfying to watch. Squidward was a big jerk here, but at least he got what he deserved, which I think the ending was the funniest part.

Don't Feed the Clowns was sort of great, even if the whole thing was kind of a 11 minute version of SpongeBob, You're Fired! but with the clown (Carlos Alazraqui voiced him, by the way, nice to hear his voice again on the show).

Drive Happy didn't reached most of my expectation. It's the episode I was interested the most, but got dragged by the talking boat, who was taking too much advantage with SpongeBob.Man, SpongeBob got bad luck with boats.

Old Man Patrick was much better than I expected to be. What I predicted was a bunch of "old" elderly jokes (see what did there?), but instead it ended up being one of the better "Becoming an old man" plot I've seen in a cartoon.

Fun-Sized Friends was pretty good for a plot that literally start and end with the most fitting scene ever for Annoy Squidward Day. But honestly, the whole subtext of this screams Valentine's Day due how to creepy SB and Patrick acted. Unfortunately, this was the weakest episode that aired this week.

Grandmum’s the Word was Good way to end the week. normally episodes that involving lying tend to suck but this was one of those few times it worked. It was actually an amusing episode to watch especially Grandmum herself.

I do notice something: Krabs only appeared in the last segment this week and the music editing had gotten much much better. Nick Carr had brought back so many pre-movie tracks (Associated Production Music ones, of course).

RainbowCupcake

Evil for extra credit.
First Impressions:

My Top 3 from this week’s premieres are Chatterbox Gary, Drive Happy and Grandmum’s the Word.

Chatterbox Gary was pretty entertaining, especially with Keith David providing his voice for the translation collar. Squidward was quite jerky, but at least he got comeuppance for it. This certainly wasn’t the most original episode, but it was still fun.

I really enjoyed the opening scene of Drive Happy; it felt fresh, plus I liked the creativeness of the boats the sales fish showed to Spongebob. The episode had some funny moments, like how Coupe pretty much held Spongebob hostage and the ending gag with Coupe being transformed into a kiddie ride. While I liked Coupe’s voice (Brian George), the character was annoying at points, plus there were little things that bothered me about the episode (e.g. Patrick being overly-stupid.) Not the best episode, but I still enjoyed it overall.

Grandmum’s the Word was the best episode this week, IMO. The concept was unique and the episode brought back a character that we haven’t seen on the show since 2010. There were lots of amusing gags, like Plankton’s Grandma’s crush on Squidward, Plankton’s “sincere face,” Ray-Ray, “One pathetic sob story later,” and more. I also liked the twist with Plankton’s Grandma attempting to steal the formula and Plankton being caught off-guard by it. The dream at the end was...weird...but that didn’t sway my feelings on the episode as a whole.

I found the other three episodes to be just okay.

Don’t Feed the Clowns had its moments, but I felt that it was a little boring. One thing I do really like about the episode is that Spongebob never took the clown to work at the Krusty Krab. In a lot of other episodes, whenever Spongebob meets some kind of new friend, he usually takes them to the Krusty Krab with him. This plot seems to be recycled a lot, so it was refreshing to see the clown work at different jobs with environments that brought out his “clownish ways” (e.g. bakery with pies). Also, I thought the ending of this one was really stupid, and I agree with ToonsJazzLover about the story being similar to Spongebob, You're Fired!

I was liking Fun-Sized friends...until the torture scene. Seeing Mini Spongebob pulling out Spongebob’s nose hair reminded me all too much of the infamous toenail. I know it’s one small moment, but I was a little disturbed by it. The episode in its entirety isn’t terrible, but I felt that it had the same problem as Don’t Feed the Clowns; it was a little dull.

I really didn’t like Old Man Patrick. I thought that it was almost...irritating to watch. The audience knows that Patrick obviously isn’t old, so viewing an entire episode where he believes that he is wasn’t entertaining enough for me. I didn’t find his antics or the elderly fish’s antics to be that funny, and I really didn’t get the whole Marco “stop shouting my name” gag. Was it supposed to be a parody of something I’ve just never seen? Plus, the plot of this episode was somewhat similar to Mid-Life Crustacean. There were some interesting things about Old Man Patrick, like the gag where Spongebob sings his theme song and the return of Bunny Buns, but these things don’t save the episode. Also, poor Mortimer.

Toons Fan

I wonder if Bonnie and Clyde are wearing any socks
Zap2it has the first week of TeenNick's schedule for March up and there might be new episodes of The Loud House and SpongeBob on Friday, March 9th at 6:00 and 6:30PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

There hasn't been much on TV in the last few months, so I started watching G.I. Joe Renegades reruns. Kinda like it.
One Sensual Sensation
One of the good things about Disney's Fox acquisition is that they finally acquired the distribution rights to A New Hope. I hope they can re-release the original trilogy without the Special Edition alterations.
Don't just kinda TV. Time Warner Cable is now WarnerMedia Satellite by AT&T|DIRECTV.
Vasantham has arrived.