"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
These Disney Junior live tours are pretty commonplace, with various shows coming in and out over the years. The upcoming tour starting September 2 will feature the characters from the show. Given the mention of green rain, wind, and smoke, it's pretty much confirmed Green Goblin is in this.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Disney June Highlights press release has a description for the next episode.

Friday, June 17

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Channel and Disney Junior
Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends “Catch and Release/Construction Destruction”
(8:30-9:00 a.m. EDT on Disney Channel/12:30-12:30 p.m. EDT on Disney Junior)

“Catch and Release” – Miles’ Father’s Day fishing trip is interrupted by Doc Ock’s plan to take over the harbor.

“Construction Destruction” – Spidey, Hulk and Ms. Marvel get in over their heads when a squirrel wreaks havoc.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
June 10:

The season 1 finale airs on July 8, and is called "Parade Panic/The Case Of The Burgling Book Bandit."

June 14:

Here's a clip from Friday's episode.

Edit: This news came out.

June 15:

The series is getting a season 3. In addition, Becca Topol (writer for Elena Of Avalor and creator of Mira Royal Detective) is the new story editor while Bart Jennett is promoted to co-executive producer.

This came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty cool news about season 3. I wonder if they'll bring in more heroes and villains like they're doing for season 2. I'm hoping the Fantastic Four would show up at least once.

Frontier

Staff member
Info on the new characters and voice cast for season 2.

Season two of the hit series premieres this August and will include the addition of Iron Man/Tony Stark (voiced by John Stamos), Ant-Man (voiced by Sean Giambrone), Wasp (voiced by Maya Tuttle), Reptil (voiced by Hoku Ramirez), Black Cat (voiced by Jaiden Klein), Sandman (voiced by Tom Wilson) and Electro (voiced by Stephanie Lemelin).

I'm curious if Black Cat will be on the villains' side in this and I'm guessing Electro is the Francine Frye version of Electro.

Frontier

Staff member

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
^^^Now when it's just the Batman trades they probably don't respond to the theft immediately.
Iron Man looks like Iron Man...

And I will be very disappointed if he doesn't succumb to or is recovering from sugar addiction as it almost ruined his life and career.:-D

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Now that I think of it, I'd be surprised if they didn't eventually work in Rocket Raccoon, especially with him suspecting Bootsie to be a Flerken.

Heck just for some fun, maybe work in Daredevil and bring in Lightning the Super-Dog from that proposed 80s DD cartoon.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Frontier

Staff member
This reminds me of that Ultimate Spider-Man episode with Electro...

I like Electro's costume and green hair in this :).

Frontier

Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty good introduction for Iron Man. The design and voice are fine, they fit in well enough with the style and tone of the show.

EDIT:
Discussion of these new shorts can continue here-
"Meet Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Animated Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)

07/20:
Log-lines for August.

Friday, Aug. 19

Original Series – Season Two Premiere on Disney Channel and Disney Junior
Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends “Electro’s Gotta Glow/Black Cat Chaos”
(8:30-9:00 a.m. EDT on Disney Channel and Disney Junior)
“Electro’s Gotta Glow” – Team Spidey must use their new glow tech to stop Electro from draining all the power in the city.

“Black Cat Chaos” – Spidey and Iron Man work together to stop Black Cat from making a mess of things when she steals Iron Man’s Armor.
*John Stamos (Disney+’s “Big Shot”) guest stars as Iron Man.
TV-Y

Friday, Aug. 26

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Channel and Disney Junior
Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends “Lights Out/Sandman Won’t Share!”
(8:30-9:00 a.m. EDT on Disney Channel/12:30-1:00 p.m. EDT on Disney Junior)
“Lights Out” – Team Spidey must stop Electro and Green Goblin’s attempt to keep the citizens of New York City awake all night with a super-charged lighthouse.

“Sandman Won’t Share” – Team Spidey’s beach day gets interrupted by Sandman’s need to prove he’s the best at building sandcastles.
TV-Y

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts