"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Variety reports a new animated series, Spidey and His Amazing Friends will premiere on Disney Junior in 2021.
DpVHi3s.jpg

Image credit: Marvel, Variety
The series, from Marvel Animation and Family Entertainment, will be Marvel’s first feature-length series on Disney Junior. It will follow Peter Parker and his friends Miles Morales, Gwen (Ghost-Spider), Hulk, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel, as they work together to defeat evil forces. It will be geared towards preschoolers and their families.
“Preschool kids already love Spidey, so they’ll be delighted to have Peter Parker thwipping across their screens in this new series” Cort Lane, the senior vice president of Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment, said. “Everyone at Marvel is thrilled to launch our first preschool series on Disney Junior, the gold standard platform for the audience. We believe parents and kids will be excited about these stories filled with themes of friendship, cooperation, solving problems and using your abilities to help others.”
Joe D’Ambrosia, senior VP of original programming and general manager of Disney Junior, added, “We’re thrilled to be working with Marvel on this new series showcasing the exciting adventures of Spidey and his friends as they model the importance of teamwork and helping others in their community. This is the perfect series to introduce preschoolers to the super hero powers of friendship and working together to help others in need.”
The series will be executive produced by Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski, with Marsha Friffin attached as a co-executive producer. Supervising producer is Harrison Wilcox. Alfred Gimeno is as supervising animation producer, and Ashley Mendoza is story editor.

Comments?

Stay tuned for further updates!

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Really not the new Marvel cartoon news I was expecting out of D23 o_O.

I guess it was inevitable that Marvel would start dipping into the preschool market, and this definitely seems more significant then the Marvel Superhero Adventures stuff. Looks cute :).

I kinda feel bad for them co-opting the Amazing Friends name for something like this instead of the actual Amazing Friends :sweat:.

I wonder what the voice cast will be like. Could they use the Marvel's Spider-Man VA's :confused:?

SweetShop209

Alfred Gimeno is mentioned as being a producer. Given how he's worked on another Disney Junior show, Puppy Dog Pals, he's a perfect fit. I would assume they'd use an American voice cast, especially since Tara Strong is also on Puppy Dog Pals.

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

It looks like it's going to be really cute, it fits Marvel's animation's mandate, toy centric show. My niece is going to love this.

So is it visually produced by Disney?

Cause it says Alfred Gimeno is the Animation producer, I thought that was Eric Radomski's job.

Or is it another word for animation director?

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Looks like it will be a fun thing for kids, hopefully some little touches for older viewers who tune in as well. Probably not for me personally, though. I was wondering not too long ago when we'd see another CGI animated Spidey show and the thought crossed my mind that it might be on Disney+, I just didn't expect it to be for Disney Junior. Well, it's something I guess.

SweetShop209

One thing I'm wondering is if the show will have 11 minute episodes or 22 minute episodes. One might think it would be the latter given how that's the usual format of Marvel cartoons , but consider these factors:

1. The Marvel Superhero Adventures shorts, which are also for Disney Junior, are 3-4 minutes long.

2. The usual format of Disney Junior shows is 11 minute segments for each 22 minute time slot . In this decade, only 3 Disney Junior shows have singular 22 minute stories to fill the timeslot (Sofia The First, The Lion Guard, and Elena Of Avalor ).

3. Muppet Babies 2018, unlike both its 1984 predecessor and various other Muppet shows, has 11 minute episodes.

Who knows? Maybe this could be the regular 22 minutes, but we have to wait and see.

On another note, I wonder if any official videos will be on Marvel HQ or the Disney Junior YouTube channel?

At least this show will have a regular theme song, much like how all Disney Junior shows have them (though Lion Guard is an instrumental song with epic chanting )

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This really reminds me of the Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts, only in CGI and with a longer running-time, most likely. In a way it's kind of how some stuff from DC Nation was later turned into full series. I'll probably check it out when it comes out (still over a year to wait though).

Frontier

Staff member
At least this show will have a regular theme song, much like how all Disney Junior shows have them (though Lion Guard is an instrumental song with epic chanting )
To think this might be the first Marvel cartoon to have a proper theme song in years :p.

It will also probably look better visually compared to the animation in the normal Spider-Man cartoon o_O.

SweetShop209

You know how it's not uncommon to have people who have worked on both DC and Marvel, which includes music composers? I think this could apply here. The music in Miles From Tomorrowland (renamed Mission Force One in season 3) was composed by Frederek Wiedmann, whose other works include Green Lantern The Animated Series (hence the similar music intros), Beware The Batman, and some of the DC movies like Justice League War and Batman Bad Blood. If he ever works on this series, and composed music like in Miles, it could be something.

bigdaddy313

I think this show might be animated by Brain Zoo Studios, who also happened to animate the CGI US episode and the two Team-Up movies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Have you heard Spidey and His Amazing Friends (2021) from this website is Spider-Man in television - Wikipedia and List of television series based on Marvel Comics publications - Wikipedia

So is that will be old memeber team is Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iceman (Bobby Drake) and Firestar (Angelica Jones) from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981) or it is someone else new memeber team?
I merged your new topic with the News & Discussion thread for the show posted last year.

Going by the initial announcement - which you can see in the opening post - it doesn't look like either Iceman or Firestar will appear here.

user193851

I merged your new topic with the News & Discussion thread for the show posted last year.

Going by the initial announcement - which you can see in the opening post - it doesn't look like either Iceman or Firestar will appear here.

Oh I see now and I didn't know that sorry about that.

I see so who that 2 guys on right side and left side?

And on middle side that must be Spiderman of Peter Parker is that right?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Oh I see now and I didn't know that sorry about that.

I see so who that 2 guys on right side and left side?

And on middle side that must be Spiderman of Peter Parker is that right?
Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy, not a guy) and Miles Morales. He's mentioned by name in the press release so I am not sure if he'll have any kind of code-name here (he's been pretty much everything from Spider-Man, to Kid Arachnid or Spy-D). And yeah, that's Peter/Spidey in the middle.

user193851

Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy, not a guy) and Miles Morales. He's mentioned by name in the press release so I am not sure if he'll have any kind of code-name here (he's been pretty much everything from Spider-Man, to Kid Arachnid or Spy-D). And yeah, that's Peter/Spidey in the middle.

I see ok.

So I have been looked internet about Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy) is female and Miles Morales is male.

Frontier

Staff member
His media codename is basically "Miles" :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I remember back during that first Spider-Men mini-series when it was like a once-in-a-lifetime thing for Spider-Man to be teaming up with Miles. hopefully the series will still find room to involve a lot of other heroes and villains.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I remember back during that first Spider-Men mini-series when it was like a once-in-a-lifetime thing for Spider-Man to be teaming up with Miles. hopefully the series will still find room to involve a lot of other heroes and villains.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I hope we see heroes beyond the usual suspects or anyone in the movies :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Nick KCA press site is now gone

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs

Featured Posts