"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

So if the show will be released in some European countries on July 16, a US release date isn't too far off.

SweetShop209

Patrick Stump? This explains the song sounding pretty good. Disney Junior shows have gotten some pretty interesting people to make the music for their shows (or at least get notable singers to sing the theme songs). For example, Muppet Babies (2018) has the theme song sung by Renee Elise Goldberry while the main music for the show by Andy Bean from Wander Over Yonder.

Edit: There are two things I realized.

1. This is the first Spiderman show since Spectacular Spiderman to have a theme song.

2. Since this is a Disney Junior show, meaning no commercials, the theme song can be anywhere from 40-60 seconds, rather most most recent Disney Channel shows usually going for no more than 30-40 seconds (with some exceptions).

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Patrick Stump? This explains the song sounding pretty good. Disney Junior shows have gotten some pretty interesting people to make the music for their shows (or at least get notable singers to sing the theme songs). For example, Muppet Babies (2018) has the theme song sung by Renee Elise Goldberry while the main music for the show by Andy Bean from Wander Over Yonder.

Edit: There are two things I realized.

1. This is the first Spiderman show since Spectacular Spiderman to have a theme song.

2. Since this is a Disney Junior show, meaning no commercials, the theme song can be anywhere from 40-60 seconds, rather most most recent Disney Channel shows usually going for no more than 30-40 seconds (with some exceptions).
I guess it's also the first Marvel cartoon to have a proper theme song since...I dunno, Super Hero Squad or EMH.

(I don't count Big Hero 6).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
So, this is kind of interesting, TV Passport currently lists a few episode titles and descriptions. Note that it's "Meet Spidey & his Amazing Friends", which makes me think these might indeed be shorts released prior to the actual show premiering. The earliest air-date listed is June 21, if true we should have some official announcements soon enough.
WEBSTER
Peter introduces WEB-STER to the Spidey Team.

Spidey Mystery
Spidey calls upon his pal, Ghost-Spider to help track down a little girl's missing scooter.

S.O.S. Kitty
Jun. 21, 2021

When Peter and Aunt May's kitty, Bootsie, goes missing, Spidey must come to the rescue!

A Helping of Hulk
Jun. 23, 2021

Spidey and Hulk team up to sneak into Doc Ock's secret lair.

Spidey Surprise
Jun. 24, 2021

Spidey runs out of webs while fighting Green Goblin and calls upon his spider-bot friend, TRACE-E.

RockaBye Rhino
Jun. 25, 2021

Spidey and Spin team up to defeat Rhino's late night rampage!

Stop Doc Ock
Jun. 26, 2021

The Spidey Team emerges to stop Doc Ock from using the super charged Star Diamond for an energy boost.

The Spidey Team
Jun. 27, 2021

Peter, Gwen, and Miles team up as the Spidey Team to stop Green Goblin.

SweetShop209

All we know is that it's coming out in the summer. We know when some of the merchandise is coming out, like books in August, but nothing else at the moment.

Frontier

Staff member
So, this is kind of interesting, TV Passport currently lists a few episode titles and descriptions. Note that it's "Meet Spidey & his Amazing Friends", which makes me think these might indeed be shorts released prior to the actual show premiering. The earliest air-date listed is June 21, if true we should have some official announcements soon enough.
WEBSTER
Peter introduces WEB-STER to the Spidey Team.

Spidey Mystery
Spidey calls upon his pal, Ghost-Spider to help track down a little girl's missing scooter.

S.O.S. Kitty
Jun. 21, 2021

When Peter and Aunt May's kitty, Bootsie, goes missing, Spidey must come to the rescue!

A Helping of Hulk
Jun. 23, 2021

Spidey and Hulk team up to sneak into Doc Ock's secret lair.

Spidey Surprise
Jun. 24, 2021

Spidey runs out of webs while fighting Green Goblin and calls upon his spider-bot friend, TRACE-E.

RockaBye Rhino
Jun. 25, 2021

Spidey and Spin team up to defeat Rhino's late night rampage!

Stop Doc Ock
Jun. 26, 2021

The Spidey Team emerges to stop Doc Ock from using the super charged Star Diamond for an energy boost.

The Spidey Team
Jun. 27, 2021

Peter, Gwen, and Miles team up as the Spidey Team to stop Green Goblin.
I wasn't expecting Aunt May to actually show up in this :p.

whoisretro

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Here's a new article about the show with various information including that it will premiere on "Disney Channel and Disney Junior" meaning it will premiere on the Disney Junior block. Good since that block has been airing the same few shows for awhile now.
That theme song both looks and sounds good.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

youtube Nickelodeon uploaded Young Dylan - Natural Beauty episode

youtube NickRewind streaming currently: iCarly - iGoodbye
Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.

Featured Posts