"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

It seems like the show might come out in the summer given the titles and descriptions for these books. I'm not sure where the covers were found, but they do look legitimate.

Frontier

Staff member
It seems like the show might come out in the summer given the titles and descriptions for these books. I'm not sure where the covers were found, but they do look legitimate.

Getting books out there for the little kids too :).

I guess we're calling them the "Spidey Team" ;).

SweetShop209

Two more book titles came out, both for September.

Frontier

Staff member
Two more book titles came out, both for September.

We hear more about these books than we do the actual show :p.

And the journey of Miles' codename in cartoons continues :sweat:.

SweetShop209

I stumbled upon the website of Lily Sanfelippo, and it looks like she might be doing voice work in the series. Her resume says "Spiderman (20)" "Series Regular" "Disney Junior/Various". Some of her voice work includes a young Tulip on Infinity Train, the preteen Lilith in the season 1 finale of The Owl House, and Swampy in the Vampirina episode "Making A Splash".

Screenshot_20210407-150844.png

Last edited:

SweetShop209

An updated image for the book Superhero Hiccups came out. It looks like the Green Goblin is the villain. I don't know where the preview pages were found, but it looks official.

Edit: I assume this is also on Amazon, but there is also a preview for the Team Spidey book.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
An updated image for the book Superhero Hiccups came out. It looks like the Green Goblin is the villain. I don't know where the preview pages were found, but it looks official.

Edit: I assume this is also on Amazon, but there is also a preview for the Team Spidey book.

So, main takeaways:

- Peter, Miles, and Gwen have their own Superhero headquarters in the WEB-Quarters with a robot sidekick named TRACE-E (female?).

- Civilian designs. Peter's outfit looks like his Maximum Venom civilian clothes. Miles has his Into the Spider-Verse hair. Gwen has the headband and pink ends from Marvel Rising.

- Green Goblin and Rhino confirmed for villains.

- Despite the listing for "Spin," Miles is once again the only one in the trio treated like they don't have a codename.

SweetShop209

05/03:
A Golden Book called The Power Of Three will come out August 3.

05/25:
This article about licensing merchandise gives us a few details.

1. Each episode will have 2 segments that are 11 minutes each (no surprise there).

2. The show is premiering this summer.

3. Atomic Cartoons is attached to this series. They've done some stuff for Disney like with various Lego Star Wars projects, and were one of the animation companies behind Legend Of The Three Caballeros. Outside of Disney, they also worked on various Lego Jurassic World projects and The Last Kids On Earth.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
05/03:
A Golden Book called The Power Of Three will come out August 3.

05/25:
This article about licensing merchandise gives us a few details.

1. Each episode will have 2 segments that are 11 minutes each (no surprise there).

2. The show is premiering this summer.

3. Atomic Cartoons is attached to this series. They've done some stuff for Disney like with various Lego Star Wars projects, and were one of the animation companies behind Legend Of The Three Caballeros. Outside of Disney, they also worked on various Lego Jurassic World projects and The Last Kids On Earth.

4. The show is coming out in the summer.

I'm glad this doesn't seem to be animated in-house :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Did Atomic do the Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts? I feel like I've seen them connected to those. I don't recall ever seeing any 3D CG work from them but I have liked their work on other shows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

The Marvel Superhero Adventures shorts were directed by Svend Gregori, a veteran of Atomic Cartoons, which confirms that they worked on them.

In any case, I'd say their CGI work is good, like with their Lego Star Wars and Lego Jurassic World projects.

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

The show is premiering on Disney+ in the UK and Ireland on July 16th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on Santana434's profile.
hi, what cartoon is your profile pic from?

I haven't seen an Nostalgia Critic episode in 6 years and i don't plan on coming back.

But good lord this is cringe. It straight up looks like a 2001 Newgrounds cartoon. I'm suprised Foamy the Squirrel didn't pop up
So is there going to be a "Do you remember ___________?" thread for every show that ever existed? Or is it just for shows that came out in the last 30 years?
I wish a happy 49th birthday to Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft.

I could find some stuff that was relatable from Kansas City.

Featured Posts