"Spider-Man: No Way Home" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg91

Reporter
Wow. If this date sticks (which is really up in the air), it will be the first MCU movie released in December. January, September and October will be the only months they haven't released in (the October 7, 2022 date seems to be taken by the Spider-Verse sequel).

I just hope this doesn't get delayed to 2022 since we have four MCU movies coming out already. If this one lands in 2022, I imagine one of the other movies will have to move to 2023.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I can't help but wonder if this release date was chosen so that Disney could have something to replace Avatar 2, which I believe was supposed to come out on the same day. Either way, a Spider-Man movie in December might be a nice change of pace.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Probably for the better, if it stayed in 2021, it would be competing with Black Adam which is currently slotted for December 22, 2021 even though 2022 is already packed with movie titles like Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness, Ant-Man & The Wasp 2, Captain Marvel 2, and possibly Black Panther 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 still in the mix. Idk the latter probably 2024. Plus at least 3 or 4 Disney+ series I'd guess. It's very likely some of them will be pushed to 2023. Maybe they'll put Spider Man 3 in the May 6, 2022 slot while Marvel Studios conducts discussions on how to move forward with Black Panther.

the greenman

Probably for the better, if it stayed in 2021, it would be competing with Black Adam which is currently slotted for December 22, 2021 even though 2022 is already packed with movie titles like Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness, Ant-Man & The Wasp 2, Captain Marvel 2, and possibly Black Panther 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 still in the mix. Idk the latter probably 2024. Plus at least 3 or 4 Disney+ series I'd guess. It's very likely some of them will be pushed to 2023. Maybe they'll put Spider Man 3 in the May 6, 2022 slot while Marvel Studios conducts discussions on how to move forward with Black Panther.
Until further notice, Black Adam may be pushing back based on Johnson's availability.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

No doubt. The 'musical chairs' will continue into next year for it and all movies.
I may be wrong, but I believe you made a point in one thread, that the difference with the MCU films are they are tethered to these new series in some way. If we keep a record of the original release dates and keep watch on any news Feige may drop, we will more than likely understand that some of these movies must be in line with the series. This could include Spider-man as well.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I may be wrong, but I believe you made a point in one thread, that the difference with the MCU films are they are tethered to these new series in some way. If we keep a record of the original release dates and keep watch on any news Feige may drop, we will more than likely understand that some of these movies must be in line with the series. This could include Spider-man as well.
Yeah, one example is how the Dr. Strange sequel is tethered to Loki and WandaVision so it's a safe bet that movie won't budge from its current slot. Or how Ms. Marvel is supposed to appear in a movie before her series streams which is likely to be the Captain Marvel sequel which pretty much sets it for its July 2022 slot and the Ms. Marvel series streams in Fall/Winter 2022 probably. So far, Thor: Love and Thunder, the Ant-Man and The Wasp sequel, and Spider-Man 3 for example don't yet have that kind of anchor as far as we know, either because of the story or more obviously - a lack of info - so they could be moved around in theory. So some movies are set in stone, some aren't. The question for Spider-Man 3 I guess they have to judge is it stand alone enough that they can shift it from December 2021, leap frog over a couple movies in the 2022 slate, and into a slot like May without affecting the overall plan and canon of Phase 4 which now is both movies and streaming series. They have to do a bit for pondering basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts