"Spider-Man: No Way Home" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Let's be real, Spider-man is not supposed to be Iron Man 1.5. He's a kid with no money trying to make ends meet.

Personally, I will say it again, I really hope we get to see the criminal underworld. Especially now that he's a vigilante himself. Maybe even introduce Captain Stacy for the hell of it.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Let's be real, Spider-man is not supposed to be Iron Man 1.5. He's a kid with no money trying to make ends meet.

Personally, I will say it again, I really hope we get to see the criminal underworld. Especially now that he's a vigilante himself. Maybe even introduce Captain Stacy for the hell of it.

Will most likely be saved for the villain-specific movies, which then obviously culminates into Sin 6.
This Spider-Man is just too "Ultimate" to quit. Also, I don't know if there have been any substantial parallels made between the MCU Iron Man and Spidey movies to then warrant the 3rd one to pretty much be like IM3.

Frontier

Staff member

I'm concerned as to how much action the Far From Home suit will get to see considering he only got wear it for the climax and they'll likely throw in a new costume because they pretty much always do in these movies :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The weird thing is Peter still has the suit, I think. He's collecting costumes like Stark collected armors :p.
And in a no longer very secure place since his secret identity was outed. It would suck if there was recrimination against Aunt May for 'harboring' a vigilante (and alleged murderer) and she was evicted from her apartment. Or maybe she got by with claiming she didn't know he was Spider-Man. Hopefully the Stark Suit and Iron Spider suits weren't stolen in either case.

the greenman

Will most likely be saved for the villain-specific movies, which then obviously culminates into Sin 6.
This Spider-Man is just too "Ultimate" to quit. Also, I don't know if there have been any substantial parallels made between the MCU Iron Man and Spidey movies to then warrant the 3rd one to pretty much be like IM3.
I wasn't comparing their films, but character. How Peter has a new upgraded suits as @Frontier said. I feel MCU Spidey wants to jump into '00's Spidey badly. Ya know, cause Disney wants to sell those comics. They really do.
And in a no longer very secure place since his secret identity was outed. It would suck if there was recrimination against Aunt May for 'harboring' a vigilante (and alleged murderer) and she was evicted from her apartment. Or maybe she got by with claiming she didn't know he was Spider-Man. Hopefully the Stark Suit and Iron Spider suits weren't stolen in either case.
This is something I had thought about. Mysterio basically outed Peter but also put blame on Tony in a way (if anyone does further investigation). Though, there's always the lingering question of the Skrull position.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wasn't comparing their films, but character. How Peter has a new upgraded suits as @Frontier said. I feel MCU Spidey wants to jump into '00's Spidey badly. Ya know, cause Disney wants to sell those comics. They really do.This is something I had thought about. Mysterio basically outed Peter but also put blame on Tony in a way (if anyone does further investigation). Though, there's always the lingering question of the Skrull position.

Yeah, if anyone will try to help Peter. Pepper. Happy. Fury. Talos. Avengers. Or if he's on his own and has to clear himself (which I kinda hope for to show his growth in the trilogy but have no clue how he would). But now the new x-factor is Dr. Strange and his mastery of magic. And you gotta wonder what's Marvel Studio's plans are, do they want to clear his name or keep milking his vigilante status? Because per the new deal, he'll one more appearance in a non-Spider-Man solo movie I think?

Frontier

Staff member
Considering they skipped actually showing her actually deal with learning Peter is Spider-Man, it would be nice to see some actual consequences of her knowing :ack:.
Yeah, if anyone will try to help Peter. Pepper. Happy. Fury. Talos. Avengers. Or if he's on his own and has to clear himself (which I kinda hope for to show his growth in the trilogy but have no clue how he would). But now the new x-factor is Dr. Strange and his mastery of magic. And you gotta wonder what's Marvel Studio's plans are, do they want to clear his name or keep milking his vigilante status? Because per the new deal, he'll one more appearance in a non-Spider-Man solo movie I think?
I only really expect to see Happy show up since he's been in all the movies so far (and I guess they still need some Stark connection). The real Fury didn't seem actually interested in him and there isn't an actual Avengers team or any Avengers he's close too who would probably be willing to back him up :sweat:.

I feel like Marvel Studios is all over the place with what they want to do with Holland's Peter, and the precarious nature of the Sony deal probably doesn't help matters :oops:.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I wasn't comparing their films, but character. How Peter has a new upgraded suits as @Frontier said. I feel MCU Spidey wants to jump into '00's Spidey badly. Ya know, cause Disney wants to sell those comics. They really do.
The MCU has been taking plenty of influences from the Ultimate comics and their Peter Parker went one step further in co-opting Miles Morales's storyline. I wouldn't be surprised if this Spider-Man is front-and-center in the "All New All Different Avengers" lineup of young legacy heroes.
I only really expect to see Happy show up since he's been in all the movies so far (and I guess they still need some Stark connection). The real Fury didn't seem actually interested in him and there isn't an actual Avengers team or any Avengers he's close too who would probably be willing to back him up :sweat:.

I feel like Marvel Studios is all over the place with what they want to do with Holland's Peter, and the precarious nature of the Sony deal probably doesn't help matters :oops:.
There's no way he doesn't get yet another AI to endanger people's lives with. :zim:
Because this threequel doesn't proceed a major event that we know of, there is a good chance that for once there will be way less attention on the larger universe story. Because he's finally in a committed relationship, there could be more time dedicated to whatever this Dr. Strange/Electro plot winds up being.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Considering they skipped actually showing her actually deal with learning Peter is Spider-Man, it would be nice to see some actual consequences of her knowing :ack:.
I thought they did. She basically exploited his fame, making him show up for the fundraiser for her pet project, the Urban Sports & Cultural Center. And depending on one's opinion of whether it was Peter's business or not, hypocritical for keeping a secret from him that she was having a summer fling with Happy of all people.
I figured Rhodey would, but I see your point. Fury does seem to have bigger fish to fry. Yeah, Happy is likely a lock to appear.

Frontier

Staff member
I thought they did. She basically exploited his fame, making him show up for the fundraiser for her pet project, the Urban Sports & Cultural Center. And depending on one's opinion of whether it was Peter's business or not, hypocritical for keeping a secret from him that she was having a summer fling with Happy of all people.
I was thinking more the emotional and serious dealing with Peter being Spider-Man instead of the more fun, comedic, parts of it :sweat:.
I figured Rhodey would, but I see your point. Fury does seem to have bigger fish to fry. Yeah, Happy is likely a lock to appear.
Now that you mention it, the only interaction I remember between Peter and Rhodey is Rhodey asking Tony how old he was after the Star Wars reference :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Now that you mention it, the only interaction I remember between Peter and Rhodey is Rhodey asking Tony how old he was after the Star Wars reference :p.
I'm pretty sure in Endgame, Rhodey gently pulls Peter away from dying Tony so Pepper can have her last words with him.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting little tidbit of today's one being in front of a blue screen and yesterday was a green screen. I wonder if today's shot was blue screen for a standard reason like the scene took outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts