Spider-Man: The New Animated Series airing on Viceland?

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
It seems Sony's Spider-Man: The New Animated Series/ the MTV Spidey CGI show is airing again on TV in the USA after fading off about 13 years ago. It's very strange to me, I don't know how television syndication works but it seems to have happened so quietly as of October airing sporadically along with the Marvel Anime's on Viceland TV.

I don't even see it or any of those other Marvel shows on the programming in the coming days but I saw someone bring it up on another forum saying they were surprised it was on TV again and they caught an episode, along with a screencap of a schedule showing it listed.

That was the first Spidey show I caught new episodes of as it was airing and I totally loved it as a kid, I was the right age (or maybe a little too young at age 8). I loved the finale, and was optimistic for it to return, but I think as time went on I got sour on there never being any resolution. I didn't go back to the show in probably over a decade thinking it was bad 'cause then we had Spectacular. But upon revisiting the show again this year I found it a fun different take on Spidey that had a lot to enjoy again even with its quirks.

It's a pipe dream to hope for revivals of an early 2000s CGI show, or Spectacular, given the TV rights to Spidey being owned by Marvel again and their brand focuses are so far elsewhere, and those specific shows being owned by Sony. It's confusing how that all lands. But a guy can imagine the respective show's seasons 2 and 3 in his head. :cool:

Still, would like to see this thing airing again with my own eyes.

Frontier

Staff member
It's kind of interesting to think this show was, if I'm not forgetting anything, the first all-CGI Superhero cartoon from a Big Two property.

brodie999

It seems Sony's Spider-Man: The New Animated Series/ the MTV Spidey CGI show is airing again on TV in the USA after fading off about 13 years ago. It's very strange to me, I don't know how television syndication works but it seems to have happened so quietly as of October airing sporadically along with the Marvel Anime's on Viceland TV.

I don't even see it or any of those other Marvel shows on the programming in the coming days but I saw someone bring it up on another forum saying they were surprised it was on TV again and they caught an episode, along with a screencap of a schedule showing it listed.

That was the first Spidey show I caught new episodes of as it was airing and I totally loved it as a kid, I was the right age (or maybe a little too young at age 8). I loved the finale, and was optimistic for it to return, but I think as time went on I got sour on there never being any resolution. I didn't go back to the show in probably over a decade thinking it was bad 'cause then we had Spectacular. But upon revisiting the show again this year I found it a fun different take on Spidey that had a lot to enjoy again even with its quirks.

It's a pipe dream to hope for revivals of an early 2000s CGI show, or Spectacular, given the TV rights to Spidey being owned by Marvel again and their brand focuses are so far elsewhere, and those specific shows being owned by Sony. It's confusing how that all lands. But a guy can imagine the respective show's seasons 2 and 3 in his head. :cool:

Still, would like to see this thing airing again with my own eyes.
Agreed. I think if it was brought back on Viceland TV, we'd finally see the cliffhanger from Season 1 resolved. They could even use whoever they want now that the Raimi Spider-Man film series ended.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Y'know, I thought Viceland was going to start showing more anime in general after all those Marvel anime aired, but I guess they're just showing all the Marvel animated series they can.

Looking at Twitter and a few other sources, it was on the schedule for about a month from mid-September to about mid-October. It'll probably be back at some point, but probably in the overnight hours, as their Saturday morning block of Marvel cartoons has also disappeared from the schedule.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I haven't watched Viceland since the Desus and Mero show ended so I've been completely out of the loop about Marvel's more adult fare airing. That's pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts