Spider-Man: The Animated Series "The Return of Kraven" Talkback (Spoilers)

How was it?

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Brainiac

You've forced my hand.
The first Spidey episode airing on ABC Family today (and incidentally, the first 'Return of...' out of two--think that was coincidental?) was "The Return of Kraven," featuring the return of Kraven the Hunter, who, apparently has gone back to his villainous ways after stealing the serum to transform him from the Hardy Foundation. Black Cat & Spider-Man must find out why, and if it really is Kraven who's been attacking innocent people across New York...

ss45u.jpg

I thought this episode was so-so. It seemed to go at a rather uneven pacing, and the ending wasn't all that climactic. The capturing of Dr. Mariah Crawford as the beast was a bit rushed, and I think maybe it should have focused a bit more on some sort of larger battle, perhaps playing on the fact that Kraven must fight and subdue her without hurting her too much....I give it 3 stars.

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnStewart-GL

Mighty JLU memba
4stars

A good ep. I dont think there was an ep of the 90s spiderman series i didnt like. this ep definately scores points for having black cat it. the pacing was kinda uneven but not that bad. I liked how spidey tried to avoid Cats help as he usually does.

czyznyck99

I really enjoyed this episode. Seeing how Peter deals with grief is one of the best parts of the cartoon, but now it is starting to affect him as Spider-man as well, so much so that he does appear heartless. He's losing everyone, and he can't stand it.

I also found it amusing how much Kraven knocked out Spidey with that jungle dust, maybe that's why Spiderman was so upset...

Later.

DR. BELCH

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
Spidey's anger at all the loss in his life, as Cat says, gives him "tunnel vision"...and it's very interesting how she eschews muscle for feminine intuition in realizing what Kraven's problem is: the tone of his voice and his actions indicate a man of passion, in deep sorrow. Coupled with Debra's scientific knowhow, she realizes the beast is actually Dr. Crawford. Surprisingly Mariah doesn't mind the half-cure; to live part feral with her her also-part feral lover is a dream come true. Imagine what the kids'll look like.... :shudder:
What gets me is but for her change of hair color, sprouting claws, and maybe growing a few inches in height, Felicia doesn't look that much different as The Black Cat...she doesn't even try to alter her voice. I'm suprised Spider-Man doesn't recognize her instantly.
Nit: why didn't Kraven just douse Mariah with jungle dust and bring her, sleeping, to the Hardys' doorstep? Besisdes the fact that it wouldn't have made much of a plot.... :rolleyes:

Spider-Man

I enjoyed this episode - but if they focused more on the Kraven/Mariah aspect then maybe the episode would've been a bit better. The uneven pacing throws the episode off a bit as well. A good episode with a nice twist of Mariah turning into a beast like how Kraven used to be.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts