"Spider-Man/Spider-Verse" Sequel Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
I thought it was conspicous that they never showed what happened to her at the end of the movie...granted, I don't think they showed what happened to Scorpion either :sweat:.
I'm calling it, Scorpion will be the final boss/mastermind in the third movie of the Spider-Verse trilogy. Not counting spin offs of course.

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
I wonder if it's going to be the first major details along with release dates for the upcoming films.
Maybe? I don't know. Like I said in the other thread before I was guided to this one, Sony was mostly super quiet on the animated projects during that "no more Spider-Man in the MCU" scare aside from some token references to it, like Tom Rothman claiming the first movie and Venom's performance was enough to learn from Kevin Feige's playbook (still BS).

I still think Into the Spider-Verse was a tour de force, so I want to hope whatever they're revealing soon is something worthwhile.

Reactions: Frontier

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
This showed up on Twitter:

I can recognize all these arms. Clockwise from the top: Gwen, Noir, Spider-Ham, Miles, Toei Spider-Man, Peni, Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099), Captain Universe Spider-Man, and I think regular Spider-Man?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
It's a little surprising that Sony let them have a four-year gap. It'll be exciting to see their takes on all the new additions, but more exciting to see some updates on the old crew.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
It's a little surprising that Sony let them have a four-year gap
Well since it's April 2022 it's only a 3 and a 1/3rd year gap. Plus it's not really that surprising considering how this kind of high quality super inventive animation and obviously the time spent crafting the script took quite awhile and Sony wants to make sure they get it right for the sequel and don't rush out an inferior product. And again unlike what some people think they don't have a super terrible crunch of needing to get out a spider man movie ever like other year or so. Granted it's one every 5 years but that means they still have till 2024 and honestly with Holland Spider man 3 still likely to come out 2021 or at latest 2022 they still have plenty of time. And really 3-4 years is honestly a good gap between movies and franchises that still leads to success around the board. Hotel Transylvania has a release like every 3 years and it's still super successful so why not this?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
Honestly, I have no idea how long the gap between animated sequels usually is. Four years just seemed like a long time, just to me, considering that it's a kids movie and Sony's most successful animation but I guess not. I figured production on a movie like this usually lasted about 3 years but again, I'm clueless about that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

*siiiiigh* welp another _____ disney remake that clueless millennials will go watch and make it gross a billion dollars worldwide.

too bad i can't put some vulgar word in the blank because this is a family friendly board. But that's how i think about these remakes. Use your imaginations
Why do I associate that TT GO! Robin "my booty" meme with Sandu Ciorba's Pe Cimpoi?

Millions of questions, zero answers.

Mark your calendars for August 7.
TBS has been airing a lot of "Close Enough" ads in anticipation for its HBO Max launch.