"Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

colomb

So...are they going to race-bend Jessica Drew? I know Zoe Kravitz voiced a white Mary Jane in the first movie :confused:.

Also, Jessica is supposed to have a British accent, so will that be there :ack:?
Perhaps they want to make clear that this version isn't connected to the live-action movie in development.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
So...are they going to race-bend Jessica Drew? I know Zoe Kravitz voiced a white Mary Jane in the first movie :confused:.

Also, Jessica is supposed to have a British accent, so will that be there :ack:?
I was just thinking that it could also be a take on Ultimate Jessica Drew where she was a Peter clone but then I remember that Miles is the main protagonist.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

the greenman

I obviously don't really know for certain what SONY has planned for their "Spider-Verse/Venomverse", but I'm willing to suggest they'll use this animated franchise as a testing ground. That may not be in Disney's idea, but I can imagine that SONY can actually build a decent universe of characters, unlike what FOX was actually able to do.

The only things they were really able to successfully spinoff were Deadpool and New Mutants (and as we know New Mutants barely counts). Spider-verse might give us a clue as to how they're going to shape their portion of the universe.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I obviously don't really know for certain what SONY has planned for their "Spider-Verse/Venomverse", but I'm willing to suggest they'll use this animated franchise as a testing ground. That may not be in Disney's idea, but I can imagine that Sony can actually build a decent universe of characters, unlike what Fox was actually able to do.
Well, I'm still sceptical on their live-action SPUMC (I really don't like the name), since with the exception of the Venom sequel, I'm not really looking forward on Morbius and Kraven, hence I can't imagine said universe being a decent universe of characters. That and the guy in charge of Sony is the same guy who was in charge of Fox when the X-Men film series began, along with that I haven't forgiven the studio for the details revealed in the hacking scandal.

the greenman

Well, I'm still sceptical on their SPUMC (I really don't like the name), since with the exception of the Venom sequel, I'm not really looking forward on Morbius and Kraven, hence I can't imagine said universe being a decent universe of characters. That and the guy in charge of Sony is the same guy who was in charge of Fox when the X-Men film series began.
Well, I'm not saying this is going to be an absolute rival to the MCU, but it certainly is a different option. In fact, unless Universal announces a "Namor: the submariner" film, it's the last excuse to see superheroes outside of DC and MCU.

I looked into the "Venomverse" and seems if they are smart, they can really build something out of it. I'm not certain what Disney will allow Spider-man to participate in at this point.

Back to Spiderverse, let's see if they go so far as introducing newer villains like Mr. Negative or Morlun. Would they dare do a PG animated version of Venom too?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't know if they have a trilogy all planned out, but there is this sequel and a spin-off movie focusing on the Spider-Women in the works. There were also reports of animated series made by Miller & Lord (though possibly not connected to the "Spider-Verse"), but nothing has really come up since that initial announcement.

Also for the discussion above, in regards to the live-action Sony movies, please continue it here if you must-
Sony's Marvel Characters Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers).

powerjake

Banned
I don't know if they have a trilogy all planned out, but there is this sequel and a spin-off movie focusing on the Spider-Women in the works. There were also reports of animated series made by Miller & Lord (though possibly not connected to the "Spider-Verse"), but nothing has really come up since that initial announcement.

Also for the discussion above, in regards to the live-action Sony movies, please continue it here if you must-
Sony's Marvel Characters Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers).

Spider-Ham really should get attention more in animation as its impressive he even made it into the Spiderverse.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Back to Spiderverse, let's see if they go so far as introducing newer villains like Mr. Negative or Morlun. Would they dare do a PG animated version of Venom too?
This is still the same movie that killed off Peter Parker, and Miles's uncle, the Prowler (with a gun no less) whilst both still had considerable consequence to the characters & story. I'm pretty sure content-wise they're looking at this as if it was like any other superhero movie, except they get to do more because it's animated.

the greenman

This is still the same movie that killed off Peter Parker, and Miles's uncle, the Prowler (with a gun no less) whilst both still had considerable consequence to the characters & story. I'm pretty sure content-wise they're looking at this as if it was like any other superhero movie, except they get to do more because it's animated.
We'll see. I doubt we'd see a comic accurate Venom anyways.

TheGreatOne2

The person who wrote that article clearly does not understand how animation production works

If he in talks to return that means that voice recording for this movie has not even started yet

I would of believed the all the voice recording is done and animation is being worked at this stage if the movie is coming out October next year

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly for a title that works. In the last movie it was sort of an accident that the Spider Verse team wound up together but I get a feeling this time there's more a purpose to it plus exploring more alternate realities we'll wind up seeing them go to then just spending all of our time in Miles's world.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts