"Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

3 to 4 years is to be expected. You don't want to rush with animation. Toy Story came out in 1995, part 2 in 1999.

However you can take too long like Incredibles did.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly, I have no idea how long the gap between animated sequels usually is. Four years just seemed like a long time, just to me, considering that it's a kids movie and Sony's most successful animation but I guess not. I figured production on a movie like this usually lasted about 3 years but again, I'm clueless about that stuff.

Again it is closer to 3 years then 4 years. Spider Verse 2 is April 2022. Spider-Verse came out December 2018. So that's three full years, three full months and like three full weeks from one another which yeah still edges more towards three then two. And honestly yeah sequels especially if they are being filmed one at a time and not one on top of another can take a fair amount of time to come out, especially animated sequels. Like really I think the only animated franchises that had consistent updates of a film less then say a bit more then every three years or so were stuff like Shrek (Dreamworks prime money make in the 2000s), Despicable Me (counting the Minions movies and that's Illumination's prime series) and Hotel Transylvania which is actually still Sony Animation's highest money making series technically. But yeah you do still need a fair amount of time to bring the team back together come up with the idea and start and finish the animation that yeah is still a lengthy process.

However you can take too long like Incredibles did.

Though the critical and even some of the fan response wasn't quite that strong, the super incredible Box office of Incredibles II would really showcase that series waiting 14 years for another entry did not hurt it in the slightest. Same honestly with the wait between any Pixar sequel; the shortest was yeah Toy Story 2 compared to one (and that was only because Disney was putting Pixar in a bind of even making a sequel in the first place that they were otherwise not going to do especially so close to the first) and even that was four years as even their shortest turn around overall series Cars had 5-6 years between all of it's entries while Toy Story 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 were like a decade wait and between the successes of those, Finding Dory and even Monsters University time between franchises is not a big thing with them. Heck even with Disney if it's the right franchise can still do gangbusters considering how successful Frozen II was. Really so long as you can drum up interest and love again in the franchise you can take your time getting one out there and that will certainly be the case for this movie as well. Which yeah will only come out in two years but with how still hyped people are on Spider Verse and Spider Man obviously still being pretty pop culture relevant within the time frame is still going to release and do well when it does hit.

SweetShop209

Octavio E. Rodriguez said that he will be head of story here. He was previously a storyboard artist for shows and movies like Jackie Chan Adventures, American Dragon Jake Long, Spectacular Spiderman, Monsters University, Coco, and Incredibles 2.

Frontier

Staff member
Octavio E. Rodriguez said that he will be head of story here. He was previously a storyboard artist for shows and movies like Jackie Chan Adventures, American Dragon Jake Long, Spectacular Spiderman, Monsters University, Coco, and Incredibles 2.

He's got a good pedigree! Including Spectacular ;).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It will be really interesting to see what they tackle in the second movie. Hopefully, they have a great theme/concept and don't just make a sequel for sequel's sake like most animated sequels.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

grumix8

he really has very good music, wish they continue Tobey Maguire. He could do better movie than Garfield.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I guess we might not see the Superior Spider-Man as part of the man different Spider-Men (unless it's with a male Doc Ock)...
Superior Spider-Woman? Wasn't one of the Spider ladies a clone of Peter?
Also, hoping for more Miles Morales-focused stories this time, but I get that the larger MCU would be impossible to implement.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts