"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Sequel Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Superior Spider-Woman? Wasn't one of the Spider ladies a clone of Peter?
Also, hoping for more Miles Morales-focused stories this time, but I get that the larger MCU would be impossible to implement.
I've seen speculation that Ock might put her body into the corpse of Miles' Peter...which would be pretty morbid :ack:.

I think Miles will definitely still be the main character, but this isn't going to be a solo film.

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
I've seen speculation that Ock might put her body into the corpse of Miles' Peter...which would be pretty morbid :ack:.

I think Miles will definitely still be the main character, but this isn't going to be a solo film.
Morbid, but seems more logical since it's just a transference of her consciousness into a dead body. Peter Parker somehow coming back to life was the next major development before they get into the whole Miles's dad was a former SHIELD agent and his girlfriend is the daughter of Hydra agents. Although, I think they're going to incorporate Miguel O'Hara in some prominent capacity.

Frontier

Staff member
Morbid, but seems more logical since it's just a transference of her consciousness into a dead body. Peter Parker somehow coming back to life was the next major development before they get into the whole Miles's dad was a former SHIELD agent and his girlfriend is the daughter of Hydra agents. Although, I think they're going to incorporate Miguel O'Hara in some prominent capacity.
I think Spidey 2099 is definitely going to be a focal factor in the movie after the post-credit scene in the original movie :).

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
There's certainly a lot of potential for some thrilling sequences with that character in this medium. Imagine a sequence where Spidey chases them through different dimensions and they pop into a weird deep-cut alternate Spidey world for a quick gag for a few seconds before carrying on!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
His appearances on the newest Spidey cartoon weren't too spectacular, but I appreciated how the show used his powers (can't seem to find any official preview clips of him...) and they didn't dwell on his backstory at all from what I remember, as opposed to the '90s series.

(Also, I don't think it would be spoiling that much if we mention his name - for one thing, the descriptions we mentioned so far kind of give it away)

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
His appearances on the newest Spidey cartoon weren't too spectacular, but I appreciated how the show used his powers (can't seem to find any official preview clips of him...) and they didn't dwell on his backstory at all from what I remember, as opposed to the '90s series.

(Also, I don't think it would be spoiling that much if we mention his name - for one thing, the descriptions we mentioned so far kind of give it away)
Which sums up about 80% of the villains on that show :p.

Freddy

I was referring to the 90s show. 65 episode show and his episode was possibly the worst.

I would personally say that it was actually one of the better episodes of the show, since it is the only one with a hint of self-awereness for how silly and melodramatic the show was.

Besides, worse than Rocket Racer? No way, man.

Frontier

Staff member
The only thing I remember in that episode was I think it was the first time they introduced the Hobgoblin's real identity before they outed him in the following episode.

Frontier

Staff member
If Spot is the main villain of the movie, or even a major one, I wouldn't mind it if they combined him with Coyote, who applied the same powers in a more terrifying manner. Also, I really like Coyote's design, and it would be cool to see a Spot design inspired by that.
You bringing up Coyote reminds me whether they'll be able to use the Earth-65 version of Matt Murdock in this.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.
I'm currently developing a concept called "The Anime Superhero Hotel", which is a building I dreamed about in the twilight hours today.
Asa wrote on Neo Ultra Mike's profile.

Featured Posts