"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and discuss "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!"

• Total voters

Mr.O

The movie comes out on Netflix on June 26.
Finally!!! I haven't even used my Netflix account in weeks.

Sony hasn't even released Homecoming or Venom, so not sure what to make of it. Mostly, I feel Netflix is leaning into their own vibe of programming; being comedies & animation.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
If this vibe comment is true, that sounds like it would be better for the animation industry, but not for the platform as a whole.

the greenman

Finally!!! I haven't even used my Netflix account in weeks.

If this vibe comment is true, that sounds like it would be better for the animation industry, but not for the platform as a whole.
Let me clarify. Basically Netflix hasn't had many Sony movies on their; that that were not animation or kid friendly. They had Peter Rabbit, Hotel Transylvania, The Star, but nearly no dramas or action Sony released films. Leaving out Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom. Netflix has cornered the market for comedy and somewhat animation projects (i.e. Voltron, She-Ra, and Troll Hunters).

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Spider-Man

The movie comes out on Netflix on June 26.
This is great news. Now the film has a chance to reach those who may have overlooked the movie for whatever reasons. It's really heartening to hear from friends and co-workers who say Spider-Verse is now their kid's favorite movie. I already own this both digitally and on 4K but I imagine I'll stream this at least once on Netflix. Six months later and I'm still watching this movie a few times a month.

TargetmasterJoe

So things have been looking spotty for Spidey lately.

Namely how he's pretty much exiled from the MCU, no thanks to the over-performance of Venom (which I'll bet is because people thought it had some tangential connection to the MCU) and Sony's immaturity.

There are some rumors of a renegotiation, but those aren't really verified by credible sources, so...

I have a thought.

If, by some miracle, this Marvel/Sony divorce ends with Marvel Studios having a bigger stake on future Spider-themed movies, what'll happen to any potential follow-ups for Into the Spider-Verse?

Will they (and by proxy ITSV) get grandfathered into the bigger MCU? Or will they end up not feeling so good?

(Interesting side note: four of the cast members from ITSV have confirmed roles (well, one is pending) in future MCU projects. It's almost definitely a coincidence, but it's still pretty curious all the same.)

Spider-Man

I rewatched the movie tonight and I have the question. How did Peter know the call Miles' power "Venom Strike?"

Roxas_Sora

I wonder what kind of crisis could cause the sequel for this movie. I just hope they won't use the Inheritors, because it would be too violent.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts