"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and discuss "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!"

• Total voters

TsWade2

Good. That should teach Disney a lesson for getting rid of hand drawn animation.....or better yet, dismissing their most potential hybrid animation like the did for Paperman and Feast. Here's what I would say to Disney on Spiderverse's victory:

Mr.O

The competition wasn't much, IMO. Congratulations to Sony, and Spider-Man in general. A superhero movie getting the highest Academy award in its category!!

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Awesome, just awesome. Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby would be proud of all the Marvel wins tonight.

The two best Spidey movies now have Oscars!

Dudley

Staff member
This movie won’t change the way people perceive animated films at the Oscar, and from a box office standpoint didn’t do as great as the live-action Spider-Man films, but I hope this will lead to other studios pushing the boundaries of what animation can do, so we don’t keep getting animated films that all look the same.
Also, Sony needs some serious quality control. More of this, less of Emoji Movie, kay?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Also, Sony needs some serious quality control. More of this, less of Emoji Movie, kay?
I might not have loved Spider-Verse as much as everyone else, but out of all the animated movies of the last year it deserved to win the most.
I hope the spinoffs and sequels tap into the movie's first third-half more.
Spider-verse pretty much ended up being the average Digimon series finale.

VintageToonFan

It's wonderful that this flick got an Oscar.

Personally, I think this is quite possibly the best Spider-Man flick of them all (never been that big on the Raimi and Webb flicks, and Homecoming was good, but it still wasn't as good as Spider-Verse). It's a fun, engaging and emotional movie which really manages to be endearing as well. I really can't wait for more of these.

Spider-Man

I picked up the digital copy and it looks amazing in 4K. The extras are really good too though I wish the featurettes went a little more in-depth. The commentary is great though as is the Spider-Ham animated short. The Alternate Universe version also has a lot of great cut scenes and behind the scenes stuff too. Still planning to buy the movie on 4K disc when it comes out and I'm hoping there are some cool retail or packaging exclusives.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
More Behind-the-Scenes Clips from "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"

spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-dom-SpiderVerse_nap175.1011_lm_v2-1024x429.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Spider-Man

Honest Trailer has a video up for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and its not bad. And if anyone is able to I recommend the 4K Blu-ray. The film looks so great and even after watching it more than a few times I can't get over how excellent it is. I don't think I'll ever tire of this one.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts