"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and discuss "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!"

• Total voters

Mr.O

Definitely deserves this! I hope they continue to get praise, if only so the other Hollywood producers can see that sometimes being different can be a good thing in main stream animation.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Now the real question is.. Who will win the Nominees including Spiderman : Into the Spiderverse include

Isle of Dogs

Miami

Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the internet (Disney)

and

The Incredibles2 (Pixar)

Let's just face it 6 spiders versus a Big guy who breaks things and a family of Super heros..

This one will be too close to call I feel, but let's hope Into the Spiderverse takes it..

:coyote:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
As an Ex-Marvel fan this may be my favorite Marvel movie in a long time if not ever.

Mr.O

Let's face it, Spiderverse's only real competition in this is against Disney/Pixar. Even if I feel Isle of Dogs would be a more fitting rival for it. So I really hope Siderverse wins this.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm uninformed about Miami. I'm rooting for Spider-Verse though, of course. LOL It would definitely take a Spider-Man movie for me to root against The Incredibles.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I like to remind everyone that Into The Spiderverse is the best animated film I seen in a long time and I just recently saw "Your Name"

Spider-Man

If you like seeing all the animatics and stuff from this movie I recommend picking up the Art book for this because it is absolutely gorgeous. I plan to see this movie at least once more and I was hoping it would pick up some more screens with its Oscar nominations but I don't see that happening. It's such a great movie and at times I can't believe that I've lived long enough for us to get a Spidey movie like this. Even ten years ago I would've never guessed that we would've. I've seen this movie five times and it still leaves me feeling great when its over. I've already pre-ordered a digital copy and I'll likely get the 4K when it comes out. It's been such a great year for Spider-Man and a lot of that has reminded me why this character means so much to me. I am also hoping more people share their thoughts on the movie here because I have been really interested to see everyone's different opinions on this one.

Mr.O

If you like seeing all the animatics and stuff from this movie I recommend picking up the Art book for this because it is absolutely gorgeous. I plan to see this movie at least once more and I was hoping it would pick up some more screens with its Oscar nominations but I don't see that happening. It's such a great movie and at times I can't believe that I've lived long enough for us to get a Spidey movie like this. Even ten years ago I would've never guessed that we would've. I've seen this movie five times and it still leaves me feeling great when its over. I've already pre-ordered a digital copy and I'll likely get the 4K when it comes out. It's been such a great year for Spider-Man and a lot of that has reminded me why this character means so much to me. I am also hoping more people share their thoughts on the movie here because I have been really interested to see everyone's different opinions on this one.
My opinions are also really positive! I've enjoyed superheroes for as long as I remembered, but it wasn't until I was introduced to Raimi's Spider-man as a little kid, that I was truly absorbed into the superhero/ comic culture entirely (starting with Spider-Man). Spider-Man 2 (Raimi) introduced me to the concept of a truly good movie, when I was to young to really care about good movies. It also opened my eye to the art and wonder of special effects.
Spider-Man 3 wasn't as good as the previous 2, but it was still Raimi's Spider-Man.

In the years following 3, no Spider-Man movie really stood out to me. I couldn't get behind the Garfield Spider-man. The MCU saturated the superhero market, which while cool seeing so much comic based movies, they do tend to dilute themselves, imo. When Homecoming came out, I didn't even care enough to see it in theaters. To my surprise, it was genuinely good, but it was more of a good MCU movie than a Spiderman movie.

I wanted to see Spider-Verse initially because I'm an animation fanboy. I didn't care about the comic event, from which this movie was named, and I'm pretty luke warm towards Miles' character in the comics. I knew I was going to like the movie, but seeing it blew my expectations out of the window. It evoked a since of engrossing wonder that I haven't felt since seeing the Raimi films as a small child. It manifested the raw entertainment of the best Spider-Man comics just as those old films seemed to do. Before I grew cynical, desensitized and overexposed to the superhero genre.

And I did order the 'Art of' book, which is something I never do.

Last edited:

Mr.O

The more carrots thrown before the top brass of Sony the better. I'm definitely going to see it in theaters again.

Spider-Man

Has there been any information on the bonus features for its home video release? We're so close and I find it odd nothing has popped up yet.

Since the movie is still playing in theatres I plan to see it again this weekend. I can't remember a movie that has made me feel this good when I leave the theatre. I haven't wanted to watch and rewatch a movie so badly in ages like this one. A landmark movie and I'm so glad to see it showered with awards. It deserves every last one.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts