"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate and discuss "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!"

• Total voters

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016

The movie comes out on Netflix on June 26.
Finally!!! I haven't even used my Netflix account in weeks.

Sony hasn't even released Homecoming or Venom, so not sure what to make of it. Mostly, I feel Netflix is leaning into their own vibe of programming; being comedies & animation.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
If this vibe comment is true, that sounds like it would be better for the animation industry, but not for the platform as a whole.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Finally!!! I haven't even used my Netflix account in weeks.

If this vibe comment is true, that sounds like it would be better for the animation industry, but not for the platform as a whole.
Let me clarify. Basically Netflix hasn't had many Sony movies on their; that that were not animation or kid friendly. They had Peter Rabbit, Hotel Transylvania, The Star, but nearly no dramas or action Sony released films. Leaving out Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom. Netflix has cornered the market for comedy and somewhat animation projects (i.e. Voltron, She-Ra, and Troll Hunters).

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002

The movie comes out on Netflix on June 26.
This is great news. Now the film has a chance to reach those who may have overlooked the movie for whatever reasons. It's really heartening to hear from friends and co-workers who say Spider-Verse is now their kid's favorite movie. I already own this both digitally and on 4K but I imagine I'll stream this at least once on Netflix. Six months later and I'm still watching this movie a few times a month.

Reactions: Mr.O and Frontier