"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate and discuss "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!"

• Total voters

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016

The movie comes out on Netflix on June 26.
Finally!!! I haven't even used my Netflix account in weeks.

Sony hasn't even released Homecoming or Venom, so not sure what to make of it. Mostly, I feel Netflix is leaning into their own vibe of programming; being comedies & animation.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
If this vibe comment is true, that sounds like it would be better for the animation industry, but not for the platform as a whole.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Finally!!! I haven't even used my Netflix account in weeks.

If this vibe comment is true, that sounds like it would be better for the animation industry, but not for the platform as a whole.
Let me clarify. Basically Netflix hasn't had many Sony movies on their; that that were not animation or kid friendly. They had Peter Rabbit, Hotel Transylvania, The Star, but nearly no dramas or action Sony released films. Leaving out Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom. Netflix has cornered the market for comedy and somewhat animation projects (i.e. Voltron, She-Ra, and Troll Hunters).

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002

The movie comes out on Netflix on June 26.
This is great news. Now the film has a chance to reach those who may have overlooked the movie for whatever reasons. It's really heartening to hear from friends and co-workers who say Spider-Verse is now their kid's favorite movie. I already own this both digitally and on 4K but I imagine I'll stream this at least once on Netflix. Six months later and I'm still watching this movie a few times a month.

Reactions: Mr.O and Frontier

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
So things have been looking spotty for Spidey lately.

Namely how he's pretty much exiled from the MCU, no thanks to the over-performance of Venom (which I'll bet is because people thought it had some tangential connection to the MCU) and Sony's immaturity.

There are some rumors of a renegotiation, but those aren't really verified by credible sources, so...

I have a thought.

If, by some miracle, this Marvel/Sony divorce ends with Marvel Studios having a bigger stake on future Spider-themed movies, what'll happen to any potential follow-ups for Into the Spider-Verse?

Will they (and by proxy ITSV) get grandfathered into the bigger MCU? Or will they end up not feeling so good?

(Interesting side note: four of the cast members from ITSV have confirmed roles (well, one is pending) in future MCU projects. It's almost definitely a coincidence, but it's still pretty curious all the same.)

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
I rewatched the movie tonight and I have the question. How did Peter know the call Miles' power "Venom Strike?"

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Reactions: Frontier

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I cake, you cake, he she me cake
The winner is "ScoobyNatural" due to getting 2 votes. "Halloween Night At The Museum" got 1 vote. The next matchup is Billy And Mandy crossovers. We have "Modern Primitives" (with Fred Flintstone) and Grim Adventures Of The KND (with Codename Kids Next Door).

Would you believe I was first exposed to Angelica Hale through here?
Oh look at that. My cable provider wants me to pay even MORE money just so I can watch the new Owl House episode on DisneyNow. Are you kidding me?
The winner is "Let's Meet Sonic", which got 3 votes. "Monster Party" got 1 vote. The next matchup is animated crossovers with live action shows. This time it's between "Halloween Night At The Museum" (Ultimate Spiderman & Jessie) and ScoobyNatural (Supernatural & Scooby Doo).