"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate and discuss "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse!"

• Total voters

Mr.O

Definitely deserves this! I hope they continue to get praise, if only so the other Hollywood producers can see that sometimes being different can be a good thing in main stream animation.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Now the real question is.. Who will win the Nominees including Spiderman : Into the Spiderverse include

Isle of Dogs

Miami

Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the internet (Disney)

and

The Incredibles2 (Pixar)

Let's just face it 6 spiders versus a Big guy who breaks things and a family of Super heros..

This one will be too close to call I feel, but let's hope Into the Spiderverse takes it..

:coyote:

Mr.O

Let's face it, Spiderverse's only real competition in this is against Disney/Pixar. Even if I feel Isle of Dogs would be a more fitting rival for it. So I really hope Siderverse wins this.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm uninformed about Miami. I'm rooting for Spider-Verse though, of course. LOL It would definitely take a Spider-Man movie for me to root against The Incredibles.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I like to remind everyone that Into The Spiderverse is the best animated film I seen in a long time and I just recently saw "Your Name"

Spider-Man

If you like seeing all the animatics and stuff from this movie I recommend picking up the Art book for this because it is absolutely gorgeous. I plan to see this movie at least once more and I was hoping it would pick up some more screens with its Oscar nominations but I don't see that happening. It's such a great movie and at times I can't believe that I've lived long enough for us to get a Spidey movie like this. Even ten years ago I would've never guessed that we would've. I've seen this movie five times and it still leaves me feeling great when its over. I've already pre-ordered a digital copy and I'll likely get the 4K when it comes out. It's been such a great year for Spider-Man and a lot of that has reminded me why this character means so much to me. I am also hoping more people share their thoughts on the movie here because I have been really interested to see everyone's different opinions on this one.

Mr.O

If you like seeing all the animatics and stuff from this movie I recommend picking up the Art book for this because it is absolutely gorgeous. I plan to see this movie at least once more and I was hoping it would pick up some more screens with its Oscar nominations but I don't see that happening. It's such a great movie and at times I can't believe that I've lived long enough for us to get a Spidey movie like this. Even ten years ago I would've never guessed that we would've. I've seen this movie five times and it still leaves me feeling great when its over. I've already pre-ordered a digital copy and I'll likely get the 4K when it comes out. It's been such a great year for Spider-Man and a lot of that has reminded me why this character means so much to me. I am also hoping more people share their thoughts on the movie here because I have been really interested to see everyone's different opinions on this one.
My opinions are also really positive! I've enjoyed superheroes for as long as I remembered, but it wasn't until I was introduced to Raimi's Spider-man as a little kid, that I was truly absorbed into the superhero/ comic culture entirely (starting with Spider-Man). Spider-Man 2 (Raimi) introduced me to the concept of a truly good movie, when I was to young to really care about good movies. It also opened my eye to the art and wonder of special effects.
Spider-Man 3 wasn't as good as the previous 2, but it was still Raimi's Spider-Man.

In the years following 3, no Spider-Man movie really stood out to me. I couldn't get behind the Garfield Spider-man. The MCU saturated the superhero market, which while cool seeing so much comic based movies, they do tend to dilute themselves, imo. When Homecoming came out, I didn't even care enough to see it in theaters. To my surprise, it was genuinely good, but it was more of a good MCU movie than a Spiderman movie.

I wanted to see Spider-Verse initially because I'm an animation fanboy. I didn't care about the comic event, from which this movie was named, and I'm pretty luke warm towards Miles' character in the comics. I knew I was going to like the movie, but seeing it blew my expectations out of the window. It evoked a since of engrossing wonder that I haven't felt since seeing the Raimi films as a small child. It manifested the raw entertainment of the best Spider-Man comics just as those old films seemed to do. Before I grew cynical, desensitized and overexposed to the superhero genre.

And I did order the 'Art of' book, which is something I never do.

Last edited:

Mr.O

The more carrots thrown before the top brass of Sony the better. I'm definitely going to see it in theaters again.

Spider-Man

Has there been any information on the bonus features for its home video release? We're so close and I find it odd nothing has popped up yet.

Since the movie is still playing in theatres I plan to see it again this weekend. I can't remember a movie that has made me feel this good when I leave the theatre. I haven't wanted to watch and rewatch a movie so badly in ages like this one. A landmark movie and I'm so glad to see it showered with awards. It deserves every last one.