"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
For reference, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is only discussed in the first 6 minutes or so in the video above. Not much is actually revealed, though.

SweetShop209

It's somewhat of a minor point, though I hope there are at least some previous Spiderman voice actors in the "additional voices" section of the movie (since this is only two months away, and a more major role isn't possible), like Josh Keaton, Ben Diskin, James Arnold Taylor , or Robbie Daymond, to name a few. Wishful thinking I know, but it's a way to say "We're also fans.". Plus, given how AJ Locascio was excited to be in "additional voices" for Incredibles 2, it's not too out of the question.

Frontier

Staff member
It's somewhat of a minor point, though I hope there are at least some previous Spiderman voice actors in the "additional voices" section of the movie (since this is only two months away, and a more major role isn't possible), like Josh Keaton, Ben Diskin, James Arnold Taylor , or Robbie Daymond, to name a few. Wishful thinking I know, but it's a way to say "We're also fans.". Plus, given how AJ Locascio was excited to be in "additional voices" for Incredibles 2, it's not too out of the question.
I think it would be awesome if they managed to work in all the main Spider-Man VA's into this, in fact I think this is probably the only place they could legitimately bring back the Spectacular Spider-Man version of Spidey ;).

SweetShop209

I think it would be awesome if they managed to work in all the main Spider-Man VA's into this, in fact I think this is probably the only place they could legitimately bring back the Spectacular Spider-Man version of Spidey ;).
Well, given that only Sony can legally make a movie with Spider-Man characters in the lead, that'd be the only way this could happen.

On another note, Josh Keaton did "additional voices" for two of Sony's previous movies, Smurfs: The Lost Village and The Emoji Movie, so at least he has a greater chance for a minor role here.

Mr.O

I'm a little confused.

Gwen seems to be enrolled in Miles' school at the begining of the movie. But we know she came from an alternate dimension. So she must've been here for a while. If this is correct, I wonder how she was able to assimilate into this alternate society while Peter seems to be a homeless bum.
The music video served as a nice soft trailer, without giving away vital spoiler-ific info.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm a little confused.

Gwen seems to be enrolled in Miles' school at the begining of the movie. But we know she came from an alternate dimension. So she must've been here for a while. If this is correct, I wonder how she was able to assimilate into this alternate society while Peter seems to be a homeless bum.

My guess is Spider-Gwen might be the dimension hopper while School Gwen was this reality's version.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mr.O

My guess is Spider-Gwen might be the dimension hopper while School Gwen was this reality's version.

Yeah, I thought that at first, but
At 1:16 on the music video, I noticed she has the same leotard leggings and ballet shoes as her Spider Gwen costume. While the other girls in the school seem to wear more formal and uniform shoes. Granted this could just be a dimensional coincidence and an illustration of both Gwens' rebellious nature.
Also, are these spoilers necessary in a spoiler thread?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The onlyl difference I've seen between the two (if they are different) is the hairdos. I've seen it mentioned that the dimension hopper doesn't have the chromatic aberration going on while this dimension's does. I haven't noticed that myself.

Frontier

Staff member
Isn't Spider-Woman's shaved cut because Miles gets his hand stuck in Gwen's hair at school after he gets his powers? I know that was reported in one article.

Mr.O

Isn't Spider-Woman's shaved cut because Miles gets his hand stuck in Gwen's hair at school after he gets his powers? I know that was reported in one article.
If true, then I guess this confirms that they are one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts