"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I think giving away about the climax that "we have to stop the dimension device kingpin has or else it will destroy all our dimensions and it's in Miles" is a bit much but this was still a really solid trailer. I really loved Spider Ham's last line about "do animals talk in this dimension because I don't want to freak him out." Honestly I really love the idea of gathering all these different spider man and having them play off one another. It's what made the finale of the 90's spider man series so fun except this is an entire movie to do it and you have so many different kinds of Spider-Man to work with. Plus also like how this is playing with the idea that you all know Peter Parker who is like a celebrity in his world but now we're focusing on the more down to earth Miles and hopefully the end will leave open for worlds to collide again and what not.

Dudley

Staff member
I was not expecting an anime character (apparently Peni Parker) and Spider Ham to look so cartoony.
This is going to be one of the coolest animated movies of all time from a visual standpoint.
My admiration for Sony Pictures Imageworks has increased tenfold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thisguyisnotcool

Thid movie looks really cool. All Spiderverse characters looks great with thier art styles. And you'd think Peter was the Rami version with those scenes. Also nice look at May, MJ, Aaron,and hopefully Ganke ^_^

Frontier

Staff member

I'm really looking forward to this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Man, the animation and style in this movie is really dazzling, especially with all the different spiders having their own animation styles :cool:.

So, I'm trying to figure out some things...so Miles is already Spider-Man and has powers by the time the movie starts and he meets the other Peter from his own dimension? So did the whole "Peter of Miles' universe dies and he gets bit by another radioactive spider" happen by this point :confused:?

Holy crud, Mary Jane! And she's with Peter :D!!!

And is that Tombstone in the scene where Peter is fighting Scorpion :evil:?

I guess we finally know what all these different spider-people are doing in this movie, they all got pulled from their home dimensions by the hadron collider :eek:.

Is that Aunt May in the scene where Spider-Ham walks in? Is she the Aunt May of the Peter from Miles' Earth?

Looks like Kingpin is the official main villain. It's actually kind of nice to see Kingpin as a major villain in a Spider-Man animation again :).

Not really sure how I feel about Schreiber's Kingpin though. It's definitely different from Fisk's usual voice :ack:.

Is that Asian kid at the end supposed to be Ganke? Looks like he lost a lot of weight :p.

Plus also like how this is playing with the idea that you all know Peter Parker who is like a celebrity in his world but now we're focusing on the more down to earth Miles and hopefully the end will leave open for worlds to collide again and what not.
Well...usually Peter is a little more down to Earth, but I get the sense that this is more of a Spider-Verse movie with Miles Morales in the lead then a Miles solo movie.

Last edited:

Freddy

I'm really looking forward to this.

Frigging finally a trailer that got me as excited for this movie as everyone else!

This seems to hardly be an adaptation of the Spider-Verse comic and is just its own story about Spiders from different dimensions meeting, with the same title. Great, since the original story wasn't very good and probably wouldn't have made a good movie. And while there undoubtedly are going to be easter eggs and cameos, it's a good thing that the central cast is going to be just 6 different Spiders, rather than a whole army of them.

I still have my pet peeves. Still not feeling the guy voicing Peter (even for an older and washed up version he sounds too monotone) and some of the design choices bug me (why is Green Goblin kaiju and why is Scorpion cyborg with spider-legs?), but those really are more personal nitpicks rather than serious issues with the movie.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
That's a nice touch.

71e5f02d9aec3f7aa27870365ee7e77e.jpg

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I wonder if she'll get any dialogue in the movie.
I wonder who they would cast. My mind went to Deschanel because of the New Girl connection but I think it would most likely be someone as unexpected as any of the other casting choices have been for me.

I remember a description for Older Alternate Peter saying that he was a pretty shabby Spidey but this trailer seems to show him loving his Spider-Life.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Really cool trailer. Liked the Raimi nods.

It's amazing, as much as Venom looks meh, this film looks exciting and unique. Heck, if anything, Sony should use this film to launch an animated Spider-Man universe...

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if she'll get any dialogue in the movie.
I would think if she had a voice they would have announced it by now, but then again we didn't even know she was in the movie :sweat:.
I remember a description for Older Alternate Peter saying that he was a pretty shabby Spidey but this trailer seems to show him loving his Spider-Life.
Yeah, the previous trailer presented him as a Spider-Man who let himself go, but going off this he's the Spider-Man who actually seems to have everything going for him up until he lands in Miles' universe :ack:.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
The more I see of this film, the more I love everything about it. Seriously can't wait to take my family to see this around the holiday season.

So, I'm trying to figure out some things...so Miles is already Spider-Man and has powers by the time the movie starts and he meets the other Peter from his own dimension? So did the whole "Peter of Miles' universe dies and he gets bit by another radioactive spider" happen by this point :confused:?

I believe that is going to be the case. If you remember the very first trailer, it showed the tombstone of Peter Parker, right before the shadow of the Green Goblin zips by. I'm guessing the origin is going to be fairly close to his Ultimate origins.

Mr.O

A spectacularly Amazing trailer! I really, really like Peni and Spider Ham's animation style! Peni seems to take much more influence from anime here tha in her comic. Really glad that they gave Raimi's Trilogy some love. It really is getting over shadowed by the more recent live action Spidey movies. Also, I hope that was Ganke at the end! I really want to hear how to pronounce his name.

Frontier

Staff member
A spectacularly Amazing trailer! I really, really like Peni and Spider Ham's animation style! Peni seems to take much more influence from anime here tha in her comic. Really glad that they gave Raimi's Trilogy some love. It really is getting over shadowed by the more recent live action Spidey movies. Also, I hope that was Ganke at the end! I really want to hear how to pronounce his name.
Per Brian Michael Bendis (his creator), I'm pretty usre it's supposed to be "Gan-Key."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts