"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm a little surprised no other site has covered this (at least from what I can tell), but here's an article about the Annecy Fest. It's in French, so you might need a translator for the page (and keep in mind some things might be translated incorrectly). Nothing new is really revealed, but I figured it would be worth sharing here.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Judging the positive response of the Trailer the movie is getting, a lot of people says that the movie can put Sony Pictures Animation back on the Map after last year's release of The Emoji Movie.

Hard to believe we live in a world where Sony has a Spider-Man animated movie and a critically panned Emoji film featuring Patrick Stewart as the voice of a Poop.

Dudley

Staff member
It may look good, but I hope the writing is solid. Visuals, no matter how awesome they are, only go so far for me, because eventually I’ll stopped being mesmerized and be more concerned about the story when watching the film. Sony’s Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 has funny cartoony visuals but it didn’t make up for the weaker plot.
Heck, even a great story can make up for crummy visuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
New merchandise for the movie:

Miles:
$.jpg
$.jpg
Prowler:
$.jpg
$
Spider-Gwen:
$.jpg
$.jpg
Peter:
$.jpg
$.jpg
Playset with first look at Kingpin and Green Goblin:
$.jpg

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The article on Marvel.com has some more details about the toys.
Set for release this fall, the Marvel “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” toys include a 6-inch figure assortment featuring Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, and Marvel’s Prowler, plus the Super Collider playset, scaled for the 6-inch figures, which comes with a Miles Morales figure. There’s also a Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Titan Hero 12-inch figure of Miles Morales, plus a Shock Strike Miles Morales Spider-Man figure, and the Marvel Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Countdown Collection, which includes figures, stickers and more.

thisguyisnotcool

Kingpin and Goblin being massive really makes you worry about Miles with his skinny frame. I'll give Into the Spider-Verse credit for its body diverse characters.

Frontier

Staff member
Kingpin and Goblin being massive really makes you worry about Miles with his skinny frame. I'll give Into the Spider-Verse credit for its body diverse characters.
I also noticed Spider-Gwen's feet look more like ballerina shoes, so I'm curious if that will play into how she fights/moves :).

We also see that Miles' spider-emblem looks kind of spray-painted onto his costume, so maybe that's leaning into his artistic side that the movie seems to be addressing :cool:?

thisguyisnotcool

I also noticed Spider-Gwen's feet look more like ballerina shoes, so I'm curious if that will play into how she fights/moves :).

We also see that Miles' spider-emblem looks kind of spray-painted onto his costume, so maybe that's leaning into his artistic side that the movie seems to be addressing :cool:?
To think a few years back when got the marketing poster I noted it reminded me of NY graffiti. Didn't realize it would become a character trait/hobby of Miles. You know the visuals are strong when you can details out of a character without being told. Also Miles likes drawing , Gwen likes ballet, and Peter liking photography (maybe not this version). I guess our spider heros like the arts. :cool:
One last note: I do think the emblem is clever but I hope Miles gets his comic suit at the end. ;)

Frontier

Staff member
Entertainment Weekly has an interview with Shameik Moore, plus a new image of Miles fighting Green Goblin.
"and must learn how he fits into a world where there are already multiple Spider-People swinging around, including Gwen Stacy (Hailee Steinfeld) and a very jaded Peter Parker (Jake Johnson)." So...does that mean the older Peter and Gwen are all from Miles' Earth? Because I assumed they'd all be from different dimensions (and the Peter of Miles' Earth ends up dead) :confused:.

I guess having to live up to the responsibility of Spider-Man despite not wanting it is a change of pace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts