"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,510 8
It's somewhat of a minor point, though I hope there are at least some previous Spiderman voice actors in the "additional voices" section of the movie (since this is only two months away, and a more major role isn't possible), like Josh Keaton, Ben Diskin, James Arnold Taylor , or Robbie Daymond, to name a few. Wishful thinking I know, but it's a way to say "We're also fans.". Plus, given how AJ Locascio was excited to be in "additional voices" for Incredibles 2, it's not too out of the question.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,436 46
Sherman Oaks CA
It's somewhat of a minor point, though I hope there are at least some previous Spiderman voice actors in the "additional voices" section of the movie (since this is only two months away, and a more major role isn't possible), like Josh Keaton, Ben Diskin, James Arnold Taylor , or Robbie Daymond, to name a few. Wishful thinking I know, but it's a way to say "We're also fans.". Plus, given how AJ Locascio was excited to be in "additional voices" for Incredibles 2, it's not too out of the question.
I think it would be awesome if they managed to work in all the main Spider-Man VA's into this, in fact I think this is probably the only place they could legitimately bring back the Spectacular Spider-Man version of Spidey ;).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,510 8
I think it would be awesome if they managed to work in all the main Spider-Man VA's into this, in fact I think this is probably the only place they could legitimately bring back the Spectacular Spider-Man version of Spidey ;).
Well, given that only Sony can legally make a movie with Spider-Man characters in the lead, that'd be the only way this could happen.

On another note, Josh Keaton did "additional voices" for two of Sony's previous movies, Smurfs: The Lost Village and The Emoji Movie, so at least he has a greater chance for a minor role here.

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
306 1
I'm a little confused.

Gwen seems to be enrolled in Miles' school at the begining of the movie. But we know she came from an alternate dimension. So she must've been here for a while. If this is correct, I wonder how she was able to assimilate into this alternate society while Peter seems to be a homeless bum.
The music video served as a nice soft trailer, without giving away vital spoiler-ific info.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,383 4
177A Bleecker Street
I'm a little confused.

Gwen seems to be enrolled in Miles' school at the begining of the movie. But we know she came from an alternate dimension. So she must've been here for a while. If this is correct, I wonder how she was able to assimilate into this alternate society while Peter seems to be a homeless bum.
My guess is Spider-Gwen might be the dimension hopper while School Gwen was this reality's version.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
306 1
My guess is Spider-Gwen might be the dimension hopper while School Gwen was this reality's version.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I thought that at first, but
At 1:16 on the music video, I noticed she has the same leotard leggings and ballet shoes as her Spider Gwen costume. While the other girls in the school seem to wear more formal and uniform shoes. Granted this could just be a dimensional coincidence and an illustration of both Gwens' rebellious nature.
Also, are these spoilers necessary in a spoiler thread?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.