"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The Goblin looks almost unrecognizable, even compared to the Ultimate version :eek:.

Y'know, I kept asking myself the entire trailer..."where's Ganke?" :confused:.

Yeah, the Goblin is pretty unrecognizable.

Wasn't Ganke mentioned as being in it before at a con or something?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Wow, that animation is gorgeous. You certainly can't call it a cookie-cutter style.

Oddly enough, the one thing I'm not sold on is Peter's voice. I'l have to get used to it, I guess, but it's a lot deeper than most of his other voices - even in media where he's an adult.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Miguel O'Hara appearance.

Dudley

Staff member
This CG looks phenomenal. I want more superhero animated movies now. This is what DC should be doing instead of live action films.
Can't wait to see this film.
Don't like Peter's voice though. So bland.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
People keep talking about his voice, but then I could've sworn I heard Jake pull a Keaton in that snippet of him saving Miles. Could also just be another Spidey VA.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
This movie is pretty much gonna be fun. I like Miles, so this has sold written all over it.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
WOW! When this was announced, I wasn't sure Sony could pull it off. The first trailer gave me some hope, but this most recent one was on another level. I love the comic book elements that add to the story without taking you out of the scene. The animation looks fresh and completely different. However, the scene that totally sold me is Miles and his dad with the "I love you dad" scene. If this movie conveys that same type of heart, this is going to be one that's remembered fondly by future generations. Here's hoping it lives up to the tremendous potential that has been presented.

Frontier

Staff member
It only just hit me that Liev Schreiber is Kingpin. That's some pretty cool casting.

I find it curious that they didn't mention a voice for the Goblin, who I originally had Schreiber pegged as.

I wonder if that means Gobby will just be a monstrous physical threat who's only there to kill Miles' Peter :sweat:?

Frontier

Staff member
Miles Morales:
THE ALL NEW SPIDER-MAN!
Miles Morales is a 13-year-old Brooklyn native and a Spider-Man unlike any we’ve ever seen before. He’s a bright teenager who likes hanging out with friends and being a kid. But what they don’t know is that Miles is also learning to embrace an entirely new and unexpected life as the all-new Spider-Man! With the help of some surprising new friends, Miles learns to unlock the hero inside himself.
Spider-Gwen
THE SPUNKY, FREE-SPIRITED SPIDER-MAN
Gwen Stacy, 15, is her world’s Spider-Woman known as Spider- Gwen! Intelligent and quick-witted, Gwen has a sharp sense of humor and is a natural leader. After getting pulled from her world and thrown into Miles’, she teams up with him to fight New York’s nefarious villains.
Peter Parker
MILES’ RELUCTANT MENTOR
He may look like Peter Parker, but the years of superhero life have taken a toll on his body, leaving him a little worse for wear these days. Peter never wanted to be a mentor, but training Miles Morales, an all-new Spider-Man, ends up giving Peter a new positive outlook on life... though he is a bit jealous of all of Miles’ newfound and unique powers!
Jefferson:
Jefferson is Miles’ slightly overbearing but loving father. When Jefferson was growing up, he and his younger brother Aaron used to work as petty criminals for Kingpin. When Jefferson met his wife, Rio, he left the criminal world behind, becoming a police officer and adopting a strict moral code. As a result, he wants to make sure that Miles has better opportunities than he had.
Rio:
Rio is Miles’ mother. She’s a strong and encouraging presence in Miles’ life whose support helps Miles keep his head above water when he feels overwhelmed. Hailing from Puerto Rico, she fosters a special bond with Mile

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I cannot wait for the Prowler. I love how all the characters are somehow connected through relationships.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's also something from the comics, since they were both involved with Ultimate Kingpin :cool:.
I used to be an avid Ultimate comics but I think I hadn't read Miles' book after the issue where Peter randomly came back and rode off with MJ. I think I remembered Aaron dealing with Kingpin but I didn't really remember seeing any of Jefferson's past. Did they go in depth?

Was Jefferson the younger brother in the book?

Frontier

Staff member
I used to be an avid Ultimate comics but I think I hadn't read Miles' book after the issue where Peter randomly came back and rode off with MJ. I think I remembered Aaron dealing with Kingpin but I didn't really remember seeing any of Jefferson's past. Did they go in depth?

Was Jefferson the younger brother in the book?

I remember an issue where Jefferson explained his history to Miles and talked about a time where SHIELD enlisted him in going undercover in the Kingpin's operation.

I don't think they've ever specified in the comics which one's the oldest (although I've always had the impression Jefferson is).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'm not sure why I thought Jefferson was younger in the book. It probably had to with him not looking that old with his shaved head and clean face, while Aaron had the goatee and a really weathered civilian look plus all of his criminal experience. After that one time skip, Jefferson did look older than Aaron ever did with his all white facial hair, etc.

Freddy

I hate being the sourpuss, but even after that second trailer, I don't feel all that excited for this movie. It doesn't look bad, but I'm not getting any wibes of it being amazing either. I mean, if it was just a movie about Miles being mentored by washed up Peter Parker in a superhero version of Creed kind of way, I think we could have something great, but also getting Spider-Gwen and, presumably, even more Spider-people doesn't excite me at all. Furthermore, I'm not feeling Jake Johnson as Peter Parker and the way the character seems to be portrayed, in terms of personality, feels really off.

Also, everyone seems to find that scene between Miles and his dad sweet, but I think that it is just too cringy. Want to make your kid hate you, Miles' dad? Because publically embarrassing them is pretty good way to do so.

But hey, if nothing else, even with all my personal hang-ups this will probably be easily the better of the two Sony's Spider-Man "spin-offs" we are getting this year.

Dudley

Staff member
Im actually seeing this more for the visuals.
I remember when Jorge Gutierrez (Book of Life), said that he wanted to make a CG movie where the finished film looked just as gorgeous as the concept art.
This Spider-Man Movie feels like the first time where that’s truly been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts