"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was nominated for a boatload of Annie Awards. Check out the list here!

Frontier

Staff member
Ha, Miles finds Post Malone as catchy as most people do ;).

Wasn't Shameik Moore known for a musical movie prior to this? Fitting to have his Miles singing then :).

That has got to be the most Spanish I think I have ever heard Miles speak :sweat:.

It's also interesting that you can start to see the distinction between Miles and Peter in this, in that Miles here has two, active, biological parents and is more outgoing and popular then Peter is often depicted as. Although actually that seems different from Miles in the comics too :ack:.
I hope the Spider-Ham theme song is actually in the movie :p.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK

Wasn't Shameik Moore known for a musical movie prior to this? Fitting to have his Miles singing then :).

That has got to be the most Spanish I think I have ever heard Miles speak :sweat:.

It's also interesting that you can start to see the distinction between Miles and Peter in this, in that Miles here has two, active, biological parents and is more outgoing and popular then Peter is often depicted as. Although actually that seems different from Miles in the comics too :ack:.

Man...totally forgot they might not have time for the city that hates him for being the new Spider-Man so soon.

Mr.O

This is definitely the most Spanish I've heard from Miles in all of my years of reading Bendis' run and under Mark Waid's writing. They are definitely embracing the bi-racial angle.

On a side note, I remember some comic reading folks I know, predicting that Peni Parker would be a break out character, going from an obscure Spider-verse tie-in to the big screen. As of now, it seems like the studio is much more keen on pushing Spider-Ham, though (which is okay by me).

Frontier

Staff member
Man...totally forgot they might not have time for the city that hates him for being the new Spider-Man so soon.
It would be kind of funny if someone makes a comment about his costume being in bad taste :p.
This is definitely the most Spanish I've heard from Miles in all of my years of reading Bendis' run and under Mark Waid's writing. They are definitely embracing the bi-racial angle.
Agreed :cool:.
On a side note, I remember some comic reading folks I know, predicting that Peni Parker would be a break out character, going from an obscure Spider-verse tie-in to the big screen. As of now, it seems like the studio is much more keen on pushing Spider-Ham, though (which is okay by me).
I'm hoping all the other Spiders end up being show-stealers in their own right :).

Mr.O

I'm hoping all the other Spiders end up being show-stealers in their own right :).
Oh, I do as well. It's just that they thought that in these passing months Peni was going to be showing up in fan art everywhere, due to her anime angle. I didn't really have any reason not to believe them, but it looks like they're wrong.

On a side note, I spoke to her creator, Jake Parker Jake Wyatt on Instagram, he said he isn't receiving any royalties from this, which kind of sucks I guess. That's the business though.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member

When I saw the music video, it looked as though the clips from that scene were synced with the song, so it's cool to see that they actually were and that the song is in the movie. Music has been a big part in everything I've seen Shameik in, so it's funny to see that extend to this animated Spider-Man movie.

I haven't read a comic with Miles, or a new comic period, in years but, when I did read them, it always bugged me that they initially made a big deal in the press about Miles being "the first Black and Latino Spider-Man" and even went as far as naming him Morales, only to then never really display that as part of his background or character. It's awesome to see them doing it here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr.O

Another pretty interesting article about how the movie was created.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse required inventing a new kind of animation technology

How did the top brass even allow this movie to get through? Nothing about it seems safe financially, as far as children's animation go. But that's all the more reason for me to support it, I guess.

I haven't read a comic with Miles, or a new comic period, in years but, when I did read them, it always bugged me that they initially made a big deal in the press about Miles being "the first Black and Latino Spider-Man" and even went as far as naming him Morales, only to then never really display that as part of his background or character. It's awesome to see them doing it here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is true. After reading all of Bendis' Miles runs, I can honestly say that you can remove the Latino angle and no difference would be seen in his character, or surroundings, besides his mom, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts