"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Entertainment Weekly has an interview with Nicolas Cage. He apparently based his portrayal of Spider-Man Noir on Humphrey Bogart.
This is either gonna be great or megasuck. There is no in-between for Cage in that specific type of role. Hell, there's no in-between during any of Cage's other roles either. He's always either awful or amazing.

thisguyisnotcool

The one major thing of note I noticed in the new footage is Prowler chasing after Miles. Does he not know it's his nephew by that point :ack:?
Probably just trying to get a hold od him. Aggressively!
Edit:
Into the Spider-Verse will have a 2019 calendar. New poses and look at Noir, Spider-Ham, and Peni

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

I'm worried for the performance for this movie, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins and Battle Angel premiering all the same week. At least one or two of them are going to bomb. :sad:

EDIT: Battle Angel's release got changed just now. Now there are only 4 competing against each other.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Not to get too much off-topic here, but while the date for Alita was changed, a re-release of Deadpool 2 (apparently PG-13 this time) comes out on December 21st, so there's still some competition there.

Dudley

Staff member
I'm worried for the performance for this movie, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins and Battle Angel premiering all the same week. At least one or two of them are going to bomb. :sad:

EDIT: Battle Angel's release got changed just now. Now there are only 4 competing against each other.

Yikes. And some of that is some serious audience overlap. Any one of those films could bomb. Hopefully Spider-Man’s popularity will at least land him in the top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Not to get too much off-topic here, but while the date for Alita was changed, a re-release of Deadpool 2 (apparently PG-13 this time) comes out on December 21st, so there's still some competition there.
I'm curious how much competition a re-release would offer, although I guess a PG-13 rating is designed to bring in younger audiences and families that would not be expected for the original R-rated Deadpool 2...
Yikes. And some of that is some serious audience overlap. Any one of those films could bomb. Hopefully Spider-Man’s popularity will at least land him in the top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the fact that it's an animated movie, has the Spider-Man name attached to it, and is headlined by a diverse lead will help it's box office potential :).

thisguyisnotcool

More pics of merchandise. The Miles and Peni ones look especially adorable. Surprisingly not merch of him wearing his hoodie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts