"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisguyisnotcool

The one major thing of note I noticed in the new footage is Prowler chasing after Miles. Does he not know it's his nephew by that point :ack:?
Probably just trying to get a hold od him. Aggressively!
Edit:
Into the Spider-Verse will have a 2019 calendar. New poses and look at Noir, Spider-Ham, and Peni

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

I'm worried for the performance for this movie, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins and Battle Angel premiering all the same week. At least one or two of them are going to bomb. :sad:

EDIT: Battle Angel's release got changed just now. Now there are only 4 competing against each other.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Not to get too much off-topic here, but while the date for Alita was changed, a re-release of Deadpool 2 (apparently PG-13 this time) comes out on December 21st, so there's still some competition there.

Dudley

Staff member
I'm worried for the performance for this movie, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins and Battle Angel premiering all the same week. At least one or two of them are going to bomb. :sad:

EDIT: Battle Angel's release got changed just now. Now there are only 4 competing against each other.
Yikes. And some of that is some serious audience overlap. Any one of those films could bomb. Hopefully Spider-Man’s popularity will at least land him in the top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Not to get too much off-topic here, but while the date for Alita was changed, a re-release of Deadpool 2 (apparently PG-13 this time) comes out on December 21st, so there's still some competition there.
I'm curious how much competition a re-release would offer, although I guess a PG-13 rating is designed to bring in younger audiences and families that would not be expected for the original R-rated Deadpool 2...
Yikes. And some of that is some serious audience overlap. Any one of those films could bomb. Hopefully Spider-Man’s popularity will at least land him in the top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the fact that it's an animated movie, has the Spider-Man name attached to it, and is headlined by a diverse lead will help it's box office potential :).

thisguyisnotcool

More pics of merchandise. The Miles and Peni ones look especially adorable. Surprisingly not merch of him wearing his hoodie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Call me weird, but I seem to prefer The Little Mermaid's series more than the trilogy. I also have a AU in development at Post something random where some characters of the series as well as fictional ones are included.
Apparently John K. is FINALLY finished with 'Cans Without Labels'.
I was never a big fan of Hannah Montana, but it had the best brother-sister relationship I have ever seen on TV.
I'll Be making February 2019 Nick Premieres on Tuesday or Thursday.
lots of things might be scheduled ones that include Crashletes, Double Dare (Special & S1 Finale), LSBS (S2 Finale), More Henry Danger and Cousins For Life... Knight Squad (S2 Premiere), The Loud House, SpongeBob, RainbowButterflyUnicornKitty, Sunny Day, Peppa Pig & Lots More...
SPECULATION So, I've decided the only CN originals we could see added to Boomerang this year are Dexter's Laboratory and Codename: Kids Next Door, already among the most requested shows on the platform. Everything else is on CN On Demand through the end of the year or on Hulu, and we may not see those until 2020 at the earliest. This does not include some of the lesser-known CN stuff.