Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends "Meets the Girl From Tomorrow" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate "Spidey Meets the Girl From Tomorrow"

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

Votes: 1 8.3%

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Kolbar

@Cinecrisis on Twitter
Today, ABC Family airs the episode of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, "Spidey Meets the Girl From Tomorrow" as a part of Spideyology.

spideytomorrow1.jpg

Episode #22 - Spidey Meets the Girl From Tomorrow

Dr. Octopus attempts to steal a spacecraft of siblings from the future.​

Comments?

Hypestyle

Kolbar said:
Today, ABC Family airs the episode of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, "Spidey Meets the Girl From Tomorrow" as a part of Spideyology.

Episode #22 - Spidey Meets the Girl From Tomorrow

Dr. Octopus attempts to steal a spacecraft of siblings from the future.​

Comments?
great ep, one of my faves.. made me want to get a girlfriend..:anime: i liked that spidey finally got to have some romance here, since Mary Jane, Betty, Gwen, etc., were nowhere to be found, and there was only the vaguest hint of flirtation between he and Anjelica over the years..

I was sad when ariel's pops laid the smackdown on their wedding plans.. I was actually rooting for him to go away from earth and be happy! egads, what was i thinking.. :confused:

Ock as the villain was cool-- i think the one time they used him, surprisingly..
though where'd the laser attachment come from? interesting, though..

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
One of the oddest Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends episodes airs today.

girl08.gif

Image courtesy of www.spider-friends.com
I haven't seen this one in a while, is this the one where Spidey and Firestar kiss?

Hypestyle

Stu said:
One of the oddest Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends episodes airs today.
I haven't seen this one in a while, is this the one where Spidey and Firestar kiss?

Yep.. Pete scores twice in one adventure!

Kinda ironic that Angelica plants more on Peter in this one episode than in the rest of the entire series - especially now that he's "involved" with someone else...

I always thought that Firestar was a bit of a tease, leading both Pete & Bobby on...

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
My favourite Octopus voice remains Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
This one is Fantastic voice for Doctor Octopus. I feel the voice done by Michael Bell is righter for a mad scientist. Efrem Zimbalist is right for the one who wants to work on his research more than a mad scientist.

About the laser; he added it to his tentacle in the first episode of the previous show, possibly they took it on from that point and decided to give the shows a bit of continuity touch

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
Why do I have to confront the cheese this late?
So the death of all germs kills the need for white blood cells?
They stay in the 20th century for a while with no damage, and then....
Their father doesn't decide to quarantine them because...? I'm pretty sure they have all sorts of germs clinging to Ariel & Barto

Silly episode, still fun to watch out of nostalgia, great voices, and great Romita sr. based art

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
If they needed a reason for Spidey to stay, there was one. Aunt May. I mean what was Peter expecting Bobby and Angelica to tell her?:confused:

JTMarsh

Wing Commander
Michael Bell makes a great Octopus voice
Michael Bell will always be Duke from GI Joe to me. Nobody could yell "Yooooooooo Joe!" better than him. Probably why they kept his voice in the opening credits even when it was changed to be Flint (voiced by Bill Ratner) leading the Joes into battle instead of Duke.

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
Michael Bell will always be Duke from GI Joe to me. Nobody could yell "Yooooooooo Joe!" better than him. Probably why they kept his voice in the opening credits even when it was changed to be Flint (voiced by Bill Ratner) leading the Joes into battle instead of Duke.
Don't remember G. I. Joe
I know he's my favorite voice for Bruce Banner

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Personally, Angelica's dad on Rugrats was the role I really began recognizing him for before I went back to stuff like G.I. Joe, Pryde of the X-Men or Incredible Hulk.

Bell was great at doing the heroic stuff and making it sound natural. I can only imagine that he had fun when he got to do something a little different like playing a crackpot villain like Doc Ock.
Why do I have to confront the cheese this late?
So the death of all germs kills the need for white blood cells?
They stay in the 20th century for a while with no damage, and then....
Their father doesn't decide to quarantine them because...? I'm pretty sure they have all sorts of germs clinging to Ariel & Barto
I joke with my cousins that Ariel's father probably had the means to treat whatever germs they may have come into contact with (these are people that fight space crabs on a regular basis) but he just used this as an excuse to keep that weird kid he doesn't know away from his daughter.
If they needed a reason for Spidey to stay, there was one. Aunt May. I mean what was Peter expecting Bobby and Angelica to tell her?:confused:
Pete really doesn't do too much thinking when he's in "love".

On another note, isn't it kind of a jerk move that Angelica waits until Spidey gets a girlfriend to full on kiss him ? I guess it doesn't really count since it was a goodbye kiss.

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter

This is one of my biggest guilty pleasure episodes ever (probably because I'm one of the rare fans who likes it when Spider-Man is in love), but you're absolutely right. Considering the guilt Peter feels over Uncle Ben, he'd never just up and leave Aunt May like that.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This was actually the first episode I saw from this series, so it's more special for me. The ending never really made too much sense to me, but other than that, it's just a fun adventure featuring Spidey and his friends. Doctor Octopus makes a great villain in this episode.

Trevor

I'll always remember Michael Bell as Groppler Zorn from Star Trek The Next Generation's pilot Encounter At Farpoint.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts