Spider-man Cgi Series

The Guard

No Matter The Cost
Does anyone else think it's a really bad idea to have this before at least SPIDER-MAN 2 comes out? If this is really based on the movieverse, we won't see any really good new characters, because they'll use them for the movie. And they can't make a movie and reference the episodes, because everyone who didn't watch them will be lost. My point is...

SPIDER-MAN comes out.

Then we get the cgi series.

Now...SPIDER-MAN 2 is 2004 at the earliest, and we already know that we'll see Doc Ock, The Lizard, and maybe Venom in the movies. So they can't introduce them on the cgi show. Right?

I'm not saying a series is bad. But wouldn't it be better to tap material from Ultimate Spider-Man? I mean, Bendis IS writing it.

Apache Chief

That's one big Indian!
I'm just excited they're doing it. Spider-Man deserves to be as much a part of our popular culture as Batman or Superman, and this will help!

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Originally posted by The Guard
Does anyone else think it's a really bad idea to have this before at least SPIDER-MAN 2 comes out? If this is really based on the movieverse, we won't see any really good new characters, because they'll use them for the movie. And they can't make a movie and reference the episodes, because everyone who didn't watch them will be lost. My point is...

SPIDER-MAN comes out.

Then we get the cgi series.

Now...SPIDER-MAN 2 is 2004 at the earliest, and we already know that we'll see Doc Ock, The Lizard, and maybe Venom in the movies. So they can't introduce them on the cgi show. Right?

I'm not saying a series is bad. But wouldn't it be better to tap material from Ultimate Spider-Man? I mean, Bendis IS writing it.

Hmm....it's tough to say. I remember when the X-Men movie came out there was speculation that the cartoon series was going to be based more on the movie - instead they used a lot more of the movie's designs (Sabretooth, Magneto, etc) to try and give a certain appeal to viewers that they could relate to the characters through the movie. My guess is that the new Spidey series will still introduce new characters and new adventures and be related to the movie in terms of style and costumes/look but I seriously doubt Sony would let the series get in the way of making a new Spidey flick. I would expect a movie look and a lot of influences from the Ultimate Spidey book.

-Joe

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts