"Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Parts 1-2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

lowell

A great Spidey toon on television. I don't know if they'll ever get to spin this off as a show, but anything Sony does with Spider-Man in animation has been amazing.
They can make shows longer than 45 minutes if they want.

As for Marvel Studios, we're actually getting Freshman Year through the rights for shows less than 45 minutes so it's a boon for people who want to see more of MCU Spider-Man.

Roxas_Sora

Kinda worries me how the movie will end. Usually, when a movie has in its title "Part 1", it usually means it will end with a cliffhanger and a bad ending. (You know, like Harry Potter's case).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Kinda worries me how the movie will end. Usually, when a movie has in its title "Part 1", it usually means it will end with a cliffhanger and a bad ending. (You know, like Harry Potter's case).

Stuff like Harry Potter, Twilight and even Hunger Games had movies that had lousy "part ones" because they were adaptations of books that they split up to make two movies of what was originally only ONE story. Thus they were not only padding the film out but were also ending them where the middle of the book would be which yeah obviously is not that interesting or exciting a spot thus the endings coming off as pretty weak and anticlimatic. Across the Spider Verse however is an Infinity War/Endgame situation of taking material they realized needed to be two movies due to how much ground needed to be covered thus setting it up as two movies and obviously they want to have a strong ending that will get people excited for the next part but still feel satisfcation with this one. Thus I don't see this of having a chance of having a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part One level ending.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
The first movie proved you can tell a story with that many "new" characters & their respective subplots with an under 2 hour runtime. The franchise has only begun, so to do a 2-parter now would be more-so to familiarize the new key players to the audience and set up their storylines. Even better case scenario would be if they found a way to do an intimate Miles Morales trilogy amidst this multiverse road trip.

Roxas_Sora

Stuff like Harry Potter, Twilight and even Hunger Games had movies that had lousy "part ones" because they were adaptations of books that they split up to make two movies of what was originally only ONE story. Thus they were not only padding the film out but were also ending them where the middle of the book would be which yeah obviously is not that interesting or exciting a spot thus the endings coming off as pretty weak and anticlimatic. Across the Spider Verse however is an Infinity War/Endgame situation of taking material they realized needed to be two movies due to how much ground needed to be covered thus setting it up as two movies and obviously they want to have a strong ending that will get people excited for the next part but still feel satisfcation with this one. Thus I don't see this of having a chance of having a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part One level ending.

It was just an example, pal. In all cases, the "Part 1" ends up with a cliffhanger and a bad situation. In Harry Potter's case, it ended with Voldemort getting the most powerful wand in the world and gaining tremendous power; making things REALLY difficult for the good guys. And in "Avengers: Endgame", it ended with Thanos winning and half of the universe killed. I expect something similar for the Spider-Verse Part 1.

SweetShop209

So I looked on Instagram, and Wynton Redmond is apparently a storyboard artist here. He's storyboarded on exactly 5 shows, 2 from Marvel Animation (Avengers Assemble, Marvel's Spiderman), 1 from Disney Television Animation (Big Hero 6 The Series), and 2 from DreamWorks Animation (She Ra And The Princesses Of Power and Fast And Furious Spy Racers).

Screenshot_20220119-145057.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Man, animation Twitter has stooped on the new low where they bullied a girl to a suicide for liking a character they don't.

May she rest in peace.
Hello there Just looking for someone to talk about The N with

I wonder if Nickelodeon would later have rights to air Sonic the Hedgehog?

FOP marathon on NickPluto.. it's not off yet though.

Featured Posts