"Space Jam 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

McToons

Don't like it. Looney Tunes have always made fun of pop culture but this looks more like crossover for nostalgia sake, like Ready Player One (even if I didn't see it yet), more than a satirical look at franchises like Lego Movie or a cartoonny-zaniness tone like the Angry Birds movies or Crayon Shin-chan: Honeymoon Hurricane ~The Lost Hiroshi~, which I think it would be more in the vein of Looney Tunes. The joke with Granny are not very imaginative. I still think it could be better than the first one cause I don't like the first one, but I hope they have better gags. It does look more colorful tough.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Okay I don't have anything against Zendaya at all as I think she's well used as Michelle Jones in the Spider Man movies and... okay she wasn't very interesting in Smallfoot but like so was 70% of that movie so I'm fine with them recasting Lola. I get wanting to totally reinvent the character and yeah I didn't really even like her voice in the original and though I liked her design and personality in the Looney Tunes show and felt in Wabbit Kath Soucie could captured that energy am fine with them doing something different so on that level, I don't mind the recast. But... last I check haven't we heard for MONTHS that Soucie was voicing Lola in this movie? Why now is it revealed Zendaya is doing the voice? I really hope Soucie wasn't replaced after having already done the role because I'm fine with the character being recast if that was the original intent but I would be annoyed if Soucie did it but they retooled it last minute for a more famous actor because that's bogus bull crap right there and incredibly disrespectful. I mean yeah Hollywood generally is when it comes to voice actors in general but that just takes it to an even more ugly level.

Frontier

Staff member
It definitely didn't sound like any of Lola's old voices...
Okay I don't have anything against Zendaya at all as I think she's well used as Michelle Jones in the Spider Man movies and... okay she wasn't very interesting in Smallfoot but like so was 70% of that movie so I'm fine with them recasting Lola. I get wanting to totally reinvent the character and yeah I didn't really even like her voice in the original and though I liked her design and personality in the Looney Tunes show and felt in Wabbit Kath Soucie could captured that energy am fine with them doing something different so on that level, I don't mind the recast. But... last I check haven't we heard for MONTHS that Soucie was voicing Lola in this movie? Why now is it revealed Zendaya is doing the voice? I really hope Soucie wasn't replaced after having already done the role because I'm fine with the character being recast if that was the original intent but I would be annoyed if Soucie did it but they retooled it last minute for a more famous actor because that's bogus bull crap right there and incredibly disrespectful. I mean yeah Hollywood generally is when it comes to voice actors in general but that just takes it to an even more ugly level.
I thought Smallfoot was pretty fun myself :).

Have they ever outright confirmed the VA's for the Looney Tunes in this? I assume they're using the same VA's as in the current cartoon, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

McToons

I thought Smallfoot was pretty fun myself :).
I think the same too. Not great, but entertaining and some of the gags are witty, especially the visual ones. That's another thing, the animation and character designs in that movie embraces the cartonny dynamism with much inteligence (without going to the crazy and great levels of Hotel Transylvania, but knowing how to use properly the gestures of the characters). However, I think Storks (another animated film from Warner) was more solid overall. By the way, some of the character of Smallfoot appears in the trailer (min. 1:42, behind the Hannah-Barbera characters and King Kong).

powerjake

Imagine Chuck Jones reaction to this sequel to Space Jam, I wonder how mad he would be right when seeing the trailer.

Cartoons90

WarnerMedia owns all of these awesome likenesses that are being featured...the only thing to top it off would be some AEW wrestlers, haha. They may not own the company like they owned WCW, but hey, Dynamite airs on TNT.

DBTrilogy100

I find it quite surreal to hear that Space Jam is finally getting a sequel 25 years later. I know that Space Jam is one of those "base breaking" movies but I always did enjoy the movie; it wasn't perfect but I feel that it still has a sense of charm to it and I found myself liking the Mon-Stars/Nerd Lucks and wished they made a return (I suppose we'll have to wait and see if they appear in this sequel). Space Jam was also the movie that lead to some of my relatives finding out where their passions lay (sports, in this case), so I can appreciate the movie for helping some of its viewers find what they are passionate about. The appearance of other franchises under the Warner Brothers umbrella certainly surprised me and gives me a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate vibe. I will be giving this movie a chance when the time is right.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

No matter what they write, there will be plenty of comments about irony.

I wish a happy birthday to Tress MacNeille and John Goodman.

Featured Posts