"Soul" Pre-release News & Discussion

Latest News & Videos

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Disney announced today that a previously untitled Pixar movie slated for June 19 next year will be titled Soul.
The tagline for Soul: Ever wonder where your passion, your dreams and your interests come from? What is it that makes you … you?” Directed by two-time Oscar winner Pete Docter (Up, Inside Out), the film takes place between New York City and the cosmic realms. Dana Murray, an Oscar nominee for her animated short film Lou, is producing.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
Almost sounds like the exact same concept as Inside out, but I won't jump to conclusions yet since it's just a vague description.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Inside Out was about how our lives are controlled by five basic emotions. We're all the same. I think this will be the opposite: we're all different, but why?

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I heard from another source (something to do with trademarks) it’s basically going to be a movie about two angels watching over a kid.
I’m also worried it’s going to be too much like Inside Out. But it’s all in the execution...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceman

I Am Here
Jun 12, 2009
Puerto Rico
Reading the synopsis made me think of two (weird) possibilities:

1. The protagonist's name is literally "You". As in, "You" is a personification of the human soul which goes on the aforementioned journey from NYC to the cosmic realms.

Or...

2. There won't actually be a conventional plot or characters to speak of, and is instead going to be an abstract/experimental film. In other words, Pixar's equivalent of Fantasia. And yes, I know this is very very weird and pretty much unlikely... but still, the synopsis being so vaguely-worded only a year before release (in contrast, it was already known more than two years prior to Inside Out's release that it would be about a human girl and the personification of her emotions) made me think of this possibility.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.
PF9
Had a bit of trouble logging back in
One of the things that must have killed Universal Kids was not premiering upcoming DreamWorks shows there instead of Netflix.