"Madame Web" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TargetmasterJoe

So, in what appears to be a response to Kevin Feige producing a Star Wars movie, Sony announces development on a Madame Web movie written by the writers of Morbius (which hasn’t even come out yet):

Yeah, because that’s something we were begging for. /sarcasm

Calling it, this will be the Dark Universe fiasco all over again.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Clearly there's no subject matter more exciting for a blockbuster movie than an old woman sitting in a chair and spouting cryptic exposition.
I imagine they'd go with the Jennifer Carpenter version but still... Sony should be incorporating what the characters that they have into building stronger Spider-Man movies but they still think any random side character or villain can become a hit movie. It would probably take Morbius making negative box office to steer them in another direction after Venom made them even more confident than they were.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Not really feeling about a Madame Web film or better I'm not really feeling about most of the non-MCU films from Sony except Venom 2 and the Spider-Verse films.

TargetmasterJoe

I imagine they'd go with the Jennifer Carpenter version but still... Sony should be incorporating what the characters that they have into building stronger Spider-Man movies but they still think any random side character or villain can become a hit movie. It would probably take Morbius making negative box office to steer them in another direction after Venom made them even more confident than they were.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

From what I can tell, Morbius becoming a dud is 80 to 90% likely to be a done deal already. We haven’t heard or seen any footage for that movie, there’s radio silence everywhere, and I can't find anyone who's even kind of hyped for it.

(That being said, it’s still possible they’re waiting on Halloween to reveal something for the movie, but I’m not holding my breath on it being any good.)

the greenman

This is the first I'm hearing on this, but is Sandra Bullock being rumored for Madame Web? Kimmel brings it up as if it's fact. I kinda wonder, especially seeing how KIMMEL= ABC= DISNEY= MARVEL

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mod Note: Double post merged

Last edited by a moderator:

the greenman

Yeah, rumors spun out of some fan art inspired by her past project Bird Box, her character wore a blindfold. Really dumb.
Okay. Wasn't sure where the heck that came from. Maybe Feige & Sony will consider it seeing how she seems willing. I said before, in terms of multiverse, she can play a part.

the greenman

Madame Web was similar to Dr. Strange. Not sure how they'll spin her story, but they already set up other magic stuff in the MCU to great acclaim. Curious if they'll actually go with Bullock for this. Not a bad choice.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay at first I was like "wow that's a really stupid direction to take this franchise" when hearing this news. Not Dakota Johnson. Yeah she was not great as Anastasia Steele in 50 Shades of Grey but... no one was good in that movie and I have seen her in stuff like The Peanut Butter Falcon where she does really solid work as an actress adding some genuine emotion to a character. But just the idea in general of a Madam Web movie, I didn't find to be that well sensible. I get Sony wanting to have a female focused movie but that's why you go with characters like Silk or Jessica Drew's Spider Woman or something like that. Why go with Madam Web since most I know of her was as the mentor of Spider Man in the 90's animated series you know the old lady in the super psychic multi dimensional traveling chair who had to have others do everything for her. But thinking about it I realized it's the multi dimension angle that Sony is looking for as yeah though their movies have been established as being in Marvel's multi verse and obviously having their own multi verse there doesn't seem to be a specific character yet who can more regularly travel between them as their main gimmick. Like possibly we may see Miguel O Hara aka Spider Man 2099 be able to multi verse hop but doubt it would be with any you know knowledge fully about where and when he is. However if you introduce a character who can serve that function and have her movie be about her slowly having to become Madam Webb slowly losing her mobility and sight regularly but being able to travel and see more then most anyone else could due to having the entire multi verse to view through the web's connection that could be an actually interesting movie which would tie into doing more multi verse movies with her as a supporting role. Like oddly it's one I can see possibilities of the more I think about it which is saying something for this idea. Of course Sony can still bungle it like... they often do but there is more possibilities plus at least with the multi verse I can see Madam Webb a character more on her own not needing an R rated movie attached to her to give her focus like Venom or Morbius should have had.

Last edited:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
S.J. Clarkson is British you'd think they'd give her the Spiderwoman movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts