Sony's Marvel Characters Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers), Part 2 (Update: Sony/Disney Deal Back On)

Latest News & Videos

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
So...I guess that ''Spider-Woman'' movie is really happening and there's some evidence that it COULD be a Marvel Studios co-production.

And apparently some popular fan-casts are already popping up for Jessica Drew:
  • Daisy Ridley
  • Ana De Armas
  • Saoirse Ronan
  • Emily Blunt
You guys think the Spider-Woman movie will be a Marvel Studios co-production?
That list seems suspect. Also, I would think Spider-Gwen as co product before Spider-Woman. Unless they want to seed in some SHIELD and SWORD stuff; that I can see.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Will it actually be the one from another dimension this time?
I don't think they even have that figured out.

I'm sure you remember they wanted to do a solo Mysterio before. I wonder if they'd let Kevin Smith do it; being his favorite character. Sit around discussing movies.
Yup, but first time I heard of the Gyllenhaal. Obviously they're happy with FFH. It's still another wrinkle in a weird franchise history.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Now Sony is allegedly considering a solo Mysterio movie with Gyllenhaal reprising the role...
(Sigh) Sony :(.

Really, the only reason I think would justify bringing Mysterio back is for the Sinister Six. There's no sense in giving him his own solo movie unless Sony really wants to make their tentpole some Sinister Six team-up film. So what's next? Vulture and Shocker solo films :rolleyes:?

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return

Really, the only reason I think would justify bringing Mysterio back is for the Sinister Six. There's no sense in giving him his own solo movie unless Sony really wants to make their tentpole some Sinister Six team-up film. So what's next? Vulture and Shocker solo films :rolleyes:?
That brings up the question if they're going to utilize both the solo film antiheroes, and the one who show up in Spider-Man films.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016

Agreed and despite Venom 2, I still think Sony should just call it a day on this universe plus I feel like Marvel Studios should do non-MCU films aimed at those who have no interest towards said universe like DC Films started doing non-DCEU films last year with Joker.

Reactions: Frontier

lowell

Aug 11, 2018
San Francisco
Agreed and despite Venom 2, I still think Sony should just call it a day on this universe plus I feel like Marvel Studios should do non-MCU films aimed at those who have no interest towards said universe like DC Films started doing non-DCEU films last year with Joker.
I mean, What If? is the alternative for those that don't like the MCU and there is still Spider-Verse, though that's not coming for another 2 years and there's also a possibility it could go the Lego Movie route that happened at Warner Bros. since Lord and Miller worked on both.

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
Charles Murphy, an insider on Twitter, tweeted pictures of Solo, Puma, Kangaroo (Frank Oliver), Overdrive, Tarantula, and the White Rabbit a few hours earlier.
1583892686349.jpeg

For everyone scratching their heads at this, the described characters are all minor villains that Spider-Man's fought over the years.

Could Roberto Orci's untitled Spider-Man spin-off involve these minor villains as some Spider-Man equivalent to the Suicide Squad?

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
SONY will milk this Spider-Man cash cow till it starts spitting out powder. It's their right. I think at this point the only villain MARVEL will be using from previous films will be the Osborns.

Personally, them (including Hobgoblin) and Doc Ock are my favorite Spider-Man villains. Can't wait to see them done. If Feige can improve upon them, even better.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Charles Murphy, an insider on Twitter, tweeted pictures of Solo, Puma, Kangaroo (Frank Oliver), Overdrive, Tarantula, and the White Rabbit a few hours earlier.
View attachment 281317

For everyone scratching their heads at this, the described characters are all minor villains that Spider-Man's fought over the years.

Could Roberto Orci's untitled Spider-Man spin-off involve these minor villains as some Spider-Man equivalent to the Suicide Squad?
I wouldn't mind seeing these characters adapted in some form or another, but...Sony, stop while you're somewhat ahead :(.

TargetmasterJoe

Jul 1, 2018
USA
I wouldn't mind seeing these characters adapted in some form or another, but...Sony, stop while you're somewhat ahead :(.
Heck, the only reason they're "ahead" is because Marvel Studios really doesn't want to just up and quit using Spider-Man anymore.

I feel like I have to stress that we STILL don't know how Morbius will turn out and yet it feels like Sony is pushing their luck yet again. Like, what would happen if Morbius actually underperforms in some capacity?

(I say "if" because apparently these SUMC movies are economically budgeted with roughly $100 million, which makes it more than likely for Morbius to make a profit, assuming it too has a budget of $100 million, give or take.)

Last edited: