Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) Pre-Release News & Discussion

Latest News & Videos

Rabbitearsblog

Jul 6, 2011
United States
I have a feeling we'll see both Tails and Knuckles in the second movie instead of saving Knux for the third film. Unless the second film is treated as a Sonic 2 adaption and has the Death Egg...
I have that feeling too. Although, I do wonder what their overall story line is going to be for the trilogy, if this series goes that far.

Reactions: Frontier

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
I just don't really see a child actor or a "bigger name" doing as good a job of depicting Tails as Colleen did. I mean, they've used age-appropriate actors for Tails before but that comes with it's own hangups.
Well you never know especially since though Ben Schwartz was never a disliked choice for voicing Sonic I think it was only when the movie itself came out did he get a lot of praise even among the Sonic community for his performance. So I would have faith if they put that amount of search as they did in Schwartz as they did whoever they got to be Tails. Again the movie continuity obviously isn't the game continuity so there really shouldn't be an overlap of actors.

I think the fact that they brought her back for the teaser at the end was a big deal, and I think they'll probably go for a bigger name for Knuckles than Tails.
To me the teaser was just done as a fan thing but not something they 100% have to stick with if they get someone else. I mean Thanos wasn't played by Daimon Poiter in any of the movies other then the first Avengers due to just wanting to tease the guy would appear at some point but once they knew the direction they wanted to go with him that's when we got Josh Brolin cast in the role Same thing I think will happen here. Though I do agree we'll likely see Knuckles get a bigger name then tails especially because there was a lot of rumors and speculation that Dwayne Johnson is being looked after as the voice of Knuckles. Which yeah honestly that would actually be really good casting and considering Dwayne Johnson is one of the few A+ level celebs still working he would be the big new draw you'd get for this movie.

I would like to hear Peter Kelamis' voice in the second Sonic movie anyway.
I understand but sorry that is NOT going to happen. There are very very VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY few Mainstays VA who get major roles or even roles you can recognize in CG animated movies let alone Hybrid live action movies, let alone voice actory primarily voiced out of another country like say Canada with Kelamis. The ONLY example I can even think of in the last few years is Katie Crown in Storks who yeah started out as a Teleton VA actress playing Izzy in Total Drama (which she still does in Total Dramarama) but she also worked as a cartoon writer and gained enough of a push and had enough comedic love thrown her way for that but yeah that is rare and I honestly guarantee it will NOT HAPPEN with Peter.

IMHO what the second movie should be is Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Sonic Adventure. And have a fair amount of elements from the other games adapted have the primary plot and big diaster antagonistic force be Chaos who eventually gets all the Chaos Emeralds to become Perfect Chaos so you can have this big ending battle with Sonic becoming Super Sonic. I would also have it revealed that the Echidnas that were after Sonic from the first movie are this group called "The Guardians" who worship their god Chaos who want to claim all the emeralds to transform him to his ultimate form and know the only thing that could stop him would be a transformed Sonic thus the reason they were hunting after Sonic. Since yeah that not only ties in with the first game but also the murals in Sonic 3 and Knuckles and Sonic Adventure that propheicze Super Sonic in the past being a thing. You can also have one of junior guardians be Knuckles (who yeah wouldn't be related to the other Guardians. Not only would SEGA not do that but yeah do not want to tie in any potential connections with Ken Penders at all) who is nice and upbeat but also incredibly guillable and unaware of people ever lying to him who annoys the other Guardians who trick him into holding into a Chaos Emerald they have and sent him to Mushroom Hill Zone to get "rid of him" only planning on getting the emerald back when they collect all 7 which are spread throughout the infinite dimensional space. So that way you can have Knuckles wind up meeting Robotnick (who remember at the end of the first movie was obviously sent to Mushroom Hill Zone) and have Robotnick tap into the emerald's power to sent him back to his zone and he hears about the Guardians plan and forms his own evil scheme that winds up with him controlling Perfect Chaos with a remote device so he has him as his ultimate weapon to get back at everyone on earth or something like that. Also maybe have him want to make a variation of Robotnickland as that could be a fun rumor/interesting motivation to work with. Meanwhile Tails would meet up with Sonic as Tails created his device to track the emeralds and knows about the Guardians plans knows only Sonic can get the other emeralds in those other dimensions so Sonic and Tails go off and bond through various zone hijinks. I'd have one on earth though so you can have a plot of Tom (with Maddie's help) getting that one so you have something for the human characters to do. Eventually all sides meet at first Knuckles thinks Sonic is an enemy and fights him but then later realizes who is truly bad and they work together and while Tails and Knuckles team up to destroy Eggman's device Super Sonic fights Perfect Chaos saving the world. Ends with Tails and Knuckles also being adpoted by Tom and Maddie with Sonic now having brothers and having finally fully faced his past (something he didn't do in the first movie but considering this deals with the Echidna guardians he would in this) and the three really bonding. And also have Robotnick captured but have an ending credit tag send him to Prison Island and have him run into a mysterious figure revealing to be Shadow the Hedgehog hinting the next movie will be Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Sonic Adventure 2 and also another tag with Amy coming to earth looking for Sonic to tease her being in the third movie.

Like yeah sorry that was rambly but again I have so many thoughts for how the sequel should go I just wanted to get them all out there (well not all of them but the main points) if we're talking about what we want to see in two years. Oh and if we're doing this plot I want a still current Rock band to do a remix of "Open Your Heart" you hear in the ending battle along with more song remixes of the original Sonic music. I agree that now that Sonic is established as a popular movie franchise they should lean a bit more on his lore for the following movies while still having it fit with what they did with the first one.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Well you never know especially since though Ben Schwartz was never a disliked choice for voicing Sonic I think it was only when the movie itself came out did he get a lot of praise even among the Sonic community for his performance. So I would have faith if they put that amount of search as they did in Schwartz as they did whoever they got to be Tails. Again the movie continuity obviously isn't the game continuity so there really shouldn't be an overlap of actors.
I think Tails might be a little harder to cast for than Sonic was. I'm not saying they couldn't find someone who could pull off Tails, but Colleen seems like the safer bet.
To me the teaser was just done as a fan thing but not something they 100% have to stick with if they get someone else. I mean Thanos wasn't played by Daimon Poiter in any of the movies other then the first Avengers due to just wanting to tease the guy would appear at some point but once they knew the direction they wanted to go with him that's when we got Josh Brolin cast in the role Same thing I think will happen here. Though I do agree we'll likely see Knuckles get a bigger name then tails especially because there was a lot of rumors and speculation that Dwayne Johnson is being looked after as the voice of Knuckles. Which yeah honestly that would actually be really good casting and considering Dwayne Johnson is one of the few A+ level celebs still working he would be the big new draw you'd get for this movie.
I get that, but they got a lot of praise for using Colleen and I think she was even at the movie premier, so I feel like there is more consideration going on there for her in my opinion.

Reactions: Rabbitearsblog

Rabbitearsblog

Jul 6, 2011
United States
I think Tails might be a little harder to cast for than Sonic was. I'm not saying they couldn't find someone who could pull off Tails, but Colleen seems like the safer bet.

I get that, but they got a lot of praise for using Colleen and I think she was even at the movie premier, so I feel like there is more consideration going on there for her in my opinion.
It would be nice if they did have Colleen return to voice Tails in the sequel, although I can see them wanting to get a big name celebrity to the movie to gain a bigger audience. Now, what celebrity could voice Tails, that would be interesting to see if they aren't going to use Colleen in the sequel.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The winner for this Media Brackets competition is Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars, which got 4 votes. Quack Pack got 1 vote. Thanks to everyone for participating. The article is next week.

So, this is fitting. Also, why does this meme only go until September?

Here are the most notable South Asian voices.
The 2015 Fantastic Four film was released 5 years ago today.
Kitschensyngk wrote on Harley's profile.
Who do I contact over at Popgeeks about server problems? I've having difficulties accessing the server to update my website.