Something I Noticed Modern Scooby Doo Crossovers

SweetShop209

Here's something interesting I've discovered about modern Scooby Doo crossovers (by modern, I mean within the last 20 years or so). Whenever Scooby Doo characters made a guest appearance, it was usually in an adult show (Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law, Supernatural) or a DC cartoon (Batman: The Brave And The Bold, Teen Titans Go). Even with the Ghoul School girls appearing in OK KO, it was the episode after Crossover Nexus, which had TTG Raven as a guest star, and only because the creator needed to ask special permission like the other established characters. For everything else, including other Hanna Barbera characters, it's with Scooby Doo as the host. The upcoming Jellystone is a Hanna Barbera series, but hasn't announced any characters from Scooby Doo guest starring. Does anyone think its Warner Brothers' way of saying "Scooby Doo only guest stars in DC projects and adult shows, but they're the hosts for everything else."?

wiley207

The upcoming Jellystone is a Hanna Barbera series, but hasn't announced any characters from Scooby Doo guest starring. Does anyone think its Warner Brothers' way of saying "Scooby Doo only guest stars in DC projects and adult shows, but they're the hosts for everything else."?

I don't think Warner Bros. generally considers Scooby-Doo part of the Hanna-Barbera family anymore, which is why we haven't been seeing that new H-B logo that was used on the Jetsons/WWE crossover movie, the "Wacky Races" 2017 reboot and "Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs" on anything Scooby-Doo -related lately. Scooby-Doo is currently the most popular property based off a Hanna-Barbera creation, and so Warner sees no reason to include Scooby and the gang with the other H-B characters, in most cases. This is also particularly odd, as some newer Scooby-Doo stuff has contained references to/appearances by other H-B franchises, most notably "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?", with one episode featuring Mr. Peebles and Magilla Gorilla, another episode featuring "The Funky Phantom" characters, and in another episode taking place at a TV studio I saw a few posters for other H-B shows like the Banana Splits. Of course "Scoob!" is a whole other matter altogether; it's intended to kick off a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe from Warner Animation Group, and for the reason I already mentioned, they chose to have the Scooby-Doo gang star in this first one, alongside Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon, Captain Caveman, and Dastardly and Muttley, alongside a TON of other H-B shout-outs and easter eggs.
Sometimes Warner will even treat Scooby-Doo like a somewhat serious action-adventure property instead of a comical mystery series, such as in "What's New, Scooby-Doo?", "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue," "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" and the "Scooby Apocalypse" comics. That might be another reason why they've only had the Scooby gang guest star in such projects you mentioned, along with how there were a couple of "New Scooby-Doo Movies" episodes in 1972 where Batman, Robin, the Joker and the Penguin all guest-starred ("The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair" is my favorite one they did.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
hey um I have another idea, the haim saban attempt to have news corporation (the owners of fox and fox family worldwide at the time) to buy his stake in fox family worldwide back in 2000/2001
New on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Research Wiki: Nickelodeon's Failed First Attempt In Germany (1995-1998): Nickelodeon's Failed First Attempt In Germany (1995-1998) tl;dr: Nick Germany gets screwed over by public broadcasting.
Vuxovich wrote on Mostezli's profile.
I am not kidding, Mostezli. The brand-new Evangelion movie will be released tomorrow indeed.
Today I was sitting on Budapest bus line 138, and what did I see? This!

However, this has nothing to do with Dexter's Laboratory or the live-action series. It is called like that because there is a Hungarian company in District 22 called Dexter.
The brand-new Evangelion movie can't be delayed anymore. It will be released tomorrow. Rejoice!

Featured Posts