So what did you do on the first Saturday in the post-Toonami world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animePWNS

1955-2024
I don't know if this was started in another thread, but there's just so many of them and I'm too lazy to try and find it.
Anyway, I skipped the Spiderman movie (saw it a hundred times) and instead watched the encore of Heroes' Season 3 premiere (skipped it on Monday 'cause I was recording Lost on one channel and Terminator and Prison Break on the other). After that, I played through the Wily stages of Mega Man 9 for the hundredth time and beat the game for the first time (dowloaded it as soon as it came out too; it really is tough).
So at this point, watching Naruto filler and reruns would just be a waste time, especially with the abomination the Toonami packaging had become last year. Well there's always TDA and YouTube.
I'll check out the new action block, though, but I doubt it'll give me the same feeling I had when I was just getting into anime...

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Watched Spider-Man, the Clone Wars Preview Special and Adult Swim last night.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Went to Homecoming, had a suckish time, mostly since nothing happened afterwords, then came home and watched Death Note on Sabrina's lineup on [as], listened to some Meliah Rage, and went to bed.

To be honest, I hardly remembered that Toonami was gone yesterday, at least last night.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Well, I haven't watched Toonami in about a year except for Samurai Jack, so pretty much the same thing I've done every Saturday since I lost interest in the bulk of Toonami's programming. :shrug: It's not like now that Toonami's gone I'm going to mourn that I can't watch it on Saturday, because I haven't been watching it in months (aside from Jack) anyway.

Fresh V

Stand By Me
Well, I haven't watched Toonami in about a year except for Samurai Jack, so pretty much the same thing I've done every Saturday since I lost interest in the bulk of Toonami's programming. :shrug: It's not like now that Toonami's gone I'm going to mourn that I can't watch it on Saturday, because I haven't been watching it in months (aside from Jack) anyway.
I agree. I haven't really watched Toonami since One Piece left (except for Blue Dragon) because it sucked. Filler Naruto, Ben 10, Samurai Jack. None of those interest me. So yesterday wasn't that different from every week before it.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Watched Spider-Man, the Clone Wars Preview Special and Adult Swim last night.
Ditto, except I only saw about half of Spider-Man. Before that me and a couple friends were watching my newly-purchased Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast Volume 5 DVDs.

As far as the AS line-up goes, it was pretty good, tho I opted to flip on The Cosby Show instead of Bleach/FMA, because I'm still trying to watch those in order. :p Tho for some reason I did watch that Death Note episode (my first time watching the anime, seen the live action movie) and I was quite confused, heh.

Well, I went out to eat with a few friends, then we went to see Eagle Eye. I haven't really watched Toonami too often on Saturdays ever since the fillers started for Naruto. So I basically just did what I always do on Fridays and Saturdays as well. I wish I had a Nielsen Ratings box though, then my viewership would've mattered.....Well actually it wouldn't have mattered to CN since I'm above their demographics but w/e. At least it would've helped Toonami's ratings, which is all that mattered to me.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Stuff. I did Saturday stuff. What kind of Saturday stuff you ask? Saturday stuff stuff (Spectacular Spider-Man, Ben 10: Alien Force, Transformers, etc.)

Jayngfet

RAWR!
Tried to work on toonami revolution. It's like half of me knows it's futile and the other half is ignoring that.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
I started up my new Saturday schedule with two episodes of Zatch Bell (both on Jetstream), two episodes of Real Ghostbusters, two episodes of Keroro Gunsou, and an episode of Kiba (on Jetstream).

Well, it's not a complete schedule yet, but it's getting there.

jph139

Immortal
In addition to my usual DVD watching (Kenshin, One Piece, and Yu Yu Hakusho), I popped in Porco Rosso because I didn't have anything better to do.

Good movie. Gets better every time you watch it.

Ijin

Honestly, I haven't watched Toonami regularly since it was on the weekdays, I'm always out on Saturdays.

Besides, this time of year, there's only one thing to do on Saturday: watch college football. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts