So wait, Batman was gonna marry Catwoman?!?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I haven't paid attention to DC Comics in a while, but apparently...Batman was set to marry Catwoman?!? How would that have worked, does Catwoman know Batman's real identity?!?

But apparently the culmination of this storyline just occurred in "Batman Issue #50", released last week.

SPOILERS:

Apparently, Catwoman left him standing at the altar. Because a "happy Bruce Wayne" would rob the world of Batman, so she sacrificed her love to let Bruce Wayne stay Batman, or something like that. That makes it sound like she did know his secret identity. So when did THAT happen?

But it does set up an interesting premise - Spider-Man has been married to Mary Jane, in years past, and Superman was (is?) married to Lois Lane...could an ongoing Batman title have worked with Batman married to Catwoman?!?

Otaku-sempai

It wouldn't have been the first time. The Bruce Wayne of Earth-Two married his Selina Kyle and they had a daughter, Helena Wayne, who became Earth-Two's Huntress (following Crisis on Infinite Earths, Huntress became Helena Bertinelli, daughter of a Mafia don).

Presumably, if Selina had gone through with the marriage she would have remained reformed and possibly might have become Batman's partner in crime-fighting.

Dreyfus

She's known off and on for years. Different writers have played coy about it, and brain wipes have been involved too, but in Batman: Hush she for sure knew and in that recent Catwoman series as well as Tom King's early Batman issues, they were outright having sex on rooftops, without masks, so there's that. I thought those issues were okay but was expecting more from King, so I haven't been reading it lately. Disappointing to hear that they bailed on the marriage at the last minute though. Could have been interesting.

ArmorAbs

Banned
I just don't see how this relationship would ever work out. I mean Catwoman is a burglar. More often than not Batman is stopping her from committing crimes. 1 of them would have to retire for this relationship to work and no one wants that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts