So Long Sweet SVES: Knights of the Zodiac - Island of Doom Explodes (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
It's Zodiac's final week on CN! Reflect on how the show changed your life, your world, your friends. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN CARTOON NETWORK PLAYED "I RAN" BY BOWLING FOR SOUP? I was right there watching, dammit. I know MY life has been altered forever by the series.

shoujoaifan

My eyes, my beautiful eyes! What have they done to them!?

Actually, it was funny in a Duel Masters kinda of way, only I doubt they actually planned on making it like that and it really is a bad dub.

But who couldn't love a guy struggling with his birdies leaving him?

PeppeRaskell1

Peanutized!!!
I would rather have watched it as the uncut, subtitled Saint Seiya.
I won't watch an anime like that any other way.

PeppeRaskell1
"Knights of the Zodiac? Seiya-t'aint so!"

Youko Recca

Retired
I know it changed you the most Matt,those trips to the gym and urges to give blood had to have come from somewhere :anime: .This dub was funny in my eyes...very.

shoujoaifan

That preview at the end of KoTZ was ironically wrong yet fitting in a sad way.

"...who will win? Tune in next week!"

So long Knights of the Zodiac, who was originally called Saint Seiya and the clothes that weren't. It was a bad dub, but at least we got some laughs along the way.

So long KoTZ. So long SVES.

KoTZ wasn't great-great outside its intentional and unintentional humor. SVES had its moments, like giving us .Hack, which was sent to midnight since its intellectual conversations didn't cut it on last year's Sat. afternoon (my relatives of the single-digit ages LOVED it though. They had me tape it so they could watch it if they fell asleep), but most of the time we wouldn't even get a "doomed" series late at night.

Bye Bye Miss SVES Pie, something something and the something is dry...

What was the point of that song? Never bothered to hear the whole thing. How about this, without changing:

DON'T. YOU. Forget about me...

shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan said:

So long Knights of the Zodiac, who was originally called Saint Seiya and the clothes that weren't. It was a bad dub, but at least we got some laughs along the way.

KoTZ wasn't great-great outside its intentional and unintentional humor. SVES had its moments, like giving us .Hack, which was sent to midnight since its intellectual conversations didn't cut it on last year's Sat. afternoon (my relatives of the single-digit ages LOVED it though. They had me tape it so they could watch it if they fell asleep), but most of the time we wouldn't even get a "doomed" series late at night.

What was the point of that song? Never bothered to hear the whole thing. How about this, without changing:

I replied to one of my own messages for the first time and I like it :p

SVES's ending is also ironically fitting:

"Play Again"

Sorry Ms. Samus-knock-off-that-we-still-love, sorry.

Spidey2099

TnAdct1 said:
"You got fingernail polish all over my face!" :D :p :D :p
Yes....cotton candy-blue nail polish. How tacky.:D

Well, after almost a year's showing, I've only sat through about three episodes of this series, so I don't think the show's changed my life too much...

Except we could have an edited ending that ties everything up in tonight's episode:

"Fly, my knights! You've always saved me in the past--now it's my turn to save you!"

*A huge gust of lava spews upward, engulfing the energy orbs*

"Well, crap..."

Anime Guy

grunge music enthusiast
shoujoaifan said:

Very nice tribute to SVES and KotZ there, shoujoaifan. I'm really gonna miss both of them too. Perhaps it was just the fact that KotZ was on late that I got into it. It's hard for me to get into anime shown during the day. But, I'll really miss even the crappy version of Saint Seiya. It was a part of Saint Seiya that I don't think anyone here will forget about for a long, long time.

Beat

Retired
PeppeRaskell1 said:
The edited version (KotZ) might end up on some syndicated local channel. I wouldn't put it past 'em.
Geez, I hope not.

(Still prays a Spanish network picks up Seiya)

ClockStomper

One who loves naked Kagome
I'm gonna miss a show so stupid it looks like it was edited for mentally retarded orangatangs with pink eye, yet was unintentionally hilarious. Funny how "Saint" Sieya was changed to censor it, but they caved in and used "god" and "godess" in the show. I'll miss the edited version of "I ran" that lacks the word "die" and looks like a clip package made by a schitzophrenic albatross.

*Animal mental illness is serious topic, and I'm a jerkwad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, I'm starting my big summer competition for Media Brackets tomorrow.
Tom Cruise Made His First Billion Dollar Movie!
Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche, my hockey team
Nickelodeon’s first foreign victim to Paramount+, and CN is the only one left in the country.

I didn't think she could do a higher pitched voice. Then again, I didn't think she could do a grandma voice, but she did.

Featured Posts